VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Knoebels, 9/2/20

Yoshi

I was near Knoebels again at the beginning of the month and decided to give the park another chance this year hoping the threat of rain and school already in session would keep crowds low. I got there around 4:50 and they were closing at 6:00 with maybe a couple hundred cars in the lot at the most.

I started with $10 book of tickets discounted to $9 since it was a weekday. The Flyers had no one riding and I had a solo ride. Twister also had no one in the station so I got the front row. I almost had another solo ride until 2 other people entered the station.

StratosFear was my first drop tower ride this year. For a smaller drop tower, it's fun and I forgot that unlike Zumanjaro and S&S Towers, there is no pause at the top before you drop. I got another $10 book of tickets since there were no lines.

Phoenix also had an empty station. The air time on this coaster is amazing.

Giant Flume was next, with thankfully no one at the coin operated sprayers. I like the layout of this flume with 2 drops and how it goes into the woods.

After another Twister ride, I went to Whipper and had about 5 minutes before closing. I decided to try the Motor Boats since they usually have a long line with the low capacity. It goes right under Kozmo's Kurves and a relaxing ride to finish the day.

This was a better visit than the trip last month because of so few people in the park.

Ride Count:

Twister, 2x

Phoenix, 1x

Flyers, 1x

Giant Flume, 1x

StratosFear, 1x

Motor Boats, 1x

Whipper, 1x

9220_edit1.jpg.fb89c645b1510c811e16be68e033df1c.jpg

The park is going to have a new Christmas event this year.

9220_edit2.jpg.f0c04a3bf30115293ca34c0c245068e5.jpg

9220_edit3.jpg.f95d9e2d341b1983f15c5f4ea4516185.jpg

Flying Turns is still being refurbished.

• Like 2