VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

TR 6/14/08

JetsDevs4Lyf

A couple of friends decided to go to the park with us yesterday and make use of the free passes we were given during our last trip for Coaster Celebration. We got to the park around 12 and headed over to TDK since they were interested to take a ride. About a 40 minute wait for us today which wasn't too bad in all honesty and the ride was fun as usual. Too many people pushing through the line inside though to really use the face recognition camera but we tried. Next we headed to Nitro where the wait was about the same at 40 minutes. I was expecting more because the park was decently crowded and it was a hot day. As always a great ride on Nitro, and with three trains being loaded quite efficiently I think all was well there. Our unload took a little while as the three trains all backed up when someone getting on in the station would not give up on trying to fit into their seat so it caused everything to slow down. After Nitro we hopped on the Sky Ride for a brisk ride accross the park to hop on the Log Flume. Was about an hours wait for the Flume which we were fine with due to the heat. We enjoyed it, and with a full boat we got a nice sized splash and even a small aaplause from a few people watching the drop for how wet we got which was nifty. We headed for the Runaway Train after the Flume which was a literal two minute wait. Again as always the train is fun and was nice to help dry out a little bit as we went. Once the Runaway Train was done we took a walk through the Golden Kingdom. It seemed as though El Toro went through a few down times during the day because we noticed a few times where we didn't see a train for upwards of a half hour at a time. We took in the Tiger show which our friends enjoyed and the end of the show was great with the female taking quite a few leaps into the water for a nice sized steak treat. We then headed for a cool spot and decided to check out Fly Me To The Moon for airconditioning purposes. We enjoyed it, though my glasses were not working so I spent the movie starinng at double pictures. As we exited the ride, an announcement was made that many rides would be going down until some approaching weather passed by, so we decided to go eat. We grabbed some food at Best of the West (Harry's fault as before he talked about how much he liked it, I never even went in to look at the menu, and it has not become a staple) and hung out figuring some rain was on the way. In fact it never rained, and the sun never even went away and suddenly all rides were back up and running, so we headed back out to take a ride on the Big Wheel. About a 5 minute wait to get on, and with such a beautiful day the park looked great. Once we were done with the big wheel, it was actually after seven already so we decided a ride on Skull Mountain sounded good. While the effects are still nice to see, the ride itself was just one big humid box and it was slightly uncomfortable in my opinion because of the heavy air inside. We then headed to Congo rapids, which was when the day began to finally succumb to weather. We waited on line for about 40 minutes, at which point we were within 2 boats of boarding. At this point theey announced to ride was closed due to weather. We knew the forcast so figured we would leave the line and get a good spot for the parade. We got some milkshakes from JR and a funnel cake and found a bench right by one of the parade route cans to watch from. At around 8:45 or so an announcement was made that the parade was cancelled due to incoming inclement weather and we decided to call it a day. During our exit another announcement was made about a severe thunderstowm watch in the area and that all rides were closed for the time being. As we got to our car the wind began to really pick up, and we heard some sort of announcement from the park's PA system asking all guests to please leave the park due to the incoming weather. At this point the sky opened up and unleashed what I am sure everyone experienced last night in a monster storm to end our day. We were dissapointed by the parade not taking place, but seeing what came in rather quickly to the are, the park really made a good decision on closing down and tyring to get people out well before they would be exposed to that weather so I commend them on that. It was a great day for us though, we had a lot of fun, and our friends enjoyed so much that they are looking at getting passes for themselves so it all turned out well. :)

If you look cross-eyed at a 3-D movie without the glasses, do you see four images? Or if you look cross-eyed at anything with the glasses on, does everything appear in 3D ??? B)

Great write-up! It sounds like you had a nice time despite the exciting weather at the end.

Storms at GA always seem more severe to me then the ones near my home. Then again, I'm not usually standing outside watching the ones by my house! :P

I felt the same that night about the storm. I haven't seen anything lately while in my or anyone else's houses that even come close to what we saw the other night. I am just happy that the park did get people out of the open space surrounding large steel coasters before that hit.