VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Superman Stunt Show

You know I don't think it would have worked out as well simply because of how much flying is usually involved in the Superman universe. It is easier to work stunts with vehicles and gadgets in the Batman universe because of what it is based around. You don't have a hero with amazing super strength and abilities, but someone who is a well trained fighters with an extreme arsenal of weaponry and other gadgets to help him along. Had a stunt show been based around something like Superman, yes there would have been some flashy flying stunts, and shows of strength and agility, but the Batman franchise really allowed for some great stunts to take place in the arena, in a more grounded situation. It was also easier I am sure to bring the Batman Villains to life because, much like Batman himself, they were not really superhuman beings themselves, but were instead just sociopathic personalieies with some interesting twist thrown in there. It is much easier I am sure to bring The Joker or Catwoman to life than the likes of Bizzaro, Braniac, and Doomsday. Lex Luthor was possible, but it seems rare that he actually is involved heavily in fights from what I know so that would have been limited. It just seems like the Batman universe was the way to go, and with TW onboard with the chain this was the logical choice at the time.

At the time the Batman movie franchise was still fresh with the series not knowing it was heading towards Batman Forever and Batman & Robin to dismantle it, and it was really the hot thing. I think the Superman film franchise had fizzled out with The Quest For Peace in 1987 and there just was no momentum or recent hype to really bring it to fruition. The park did the smart thing and marketed a show that worked off of a successful movie line to that point, and an idea that people would still be interested in. While Superman is the DC posterboy, Batman really ignited the DC transitisons to film for a while, and the park was wise to go for that in my opinion over Superman.