VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Great Adventure Rolls Out Big Six

JetsDevs4Lyf

Great Adventure's official website now includes information for the Big Six ticket promotion running at the park as well as others around the chain. For $49.99 a person can gain admittance to the theme park six times from now until the season's close on November 2. With this in mind, what does everyone here think about the promotion. Does it seem like good timing to roll this out mid-season? Perhaps it should be availible at the season's open as a permamnent option for those who need something between a season pass and one day admission? Maybe you think that it is pointless ro the park should abandon it. No matter what share your opinions on this new 2008 ticket offer.

In my opinion I think that this is a pretty good deal for anyone who doesn't want to buy a season pass at this point, but I think the cahing could do well to break it out earlier in the season if they decide to use the promotion again. From a financial standpoint, a person now pays around 24.99 for a park ticket so you are basically getting 4 free visits from that thinking. It seems like a nice ticket option, especially for those who think the season pass is too pricey for them especially as the season wears on and that price goes up. What does everyone else think?

That is a beautiful idea. I would have bought one myself. I have only been to the park three times with my season pass and I won't be returning until late August, early September and early October. I would have missed on on Coasters After Dark, but that's ok.

When I went to Sea World Orlando back during the first week of January they had a "Buy one day - get the year for free" offer. A lady next to us from England couldn't imagine why she would buy "a bloody one day ticket when she could get the annum for the same price"! Especially since all she would have to do is "hop the pond" to come see us again! :euro:

Great Adventure's official website now includes information for the Big Six ticket promotion running at the park as well as others around the chain. For $49.99 a person can gain admittance to the theme park six times from now until the season's close on November 2. With this in mind, what does everyone here think about the promotion. Does it seem like good timing to roll this out mid-season? Perhaps it should be availible at the season's open as a permamnent option for those who need something between a season pass and one day admission? Maybe you think that it is pointless ro the park should abandon it. No matter what share your opinions on this new 2008 ticket offer.

In my opinion I think that this is a pretty good deal for anyone who doesn't want to buy a season pass at this point, but I think the cahing could do well to break it out earlier in the season if they decide to use the promotion again. From a financial standpoint, a person now pays around 24.99 for a park ticket so you are basically getting 4 free visits from that thinking. It seems like a nice ticket option, especially for those who think the season pass is too pricey for them especially as the season wears on and that price goes up. What does everyone else think?

The "Big Six Pass" debuted last year during mid-season, for $69.99 (dropping to $49.99 later) at Six Flags Great Adventure. ALL Season Passes (purchased online at least) are "Premium". The "Big Six Pass" represents the entry value, multi-day proposition. I have no idea what the original "Premium" pass plans were, but it appears they were cancelled/modified.

Edited by Thunderbolt

The "Big Six Pass" debuted last year at mid-season, for $69.99 (dropping to $49.99 later) at Six Flags Great Adventure. ALL Season Passes (purchased online at least) are "Premium". The "Big Six Pass" represents the entry value, multi-day proposition. I have no idea what the original "Premium" pass plans were, but it appears they were cancelled/modified.

Thank you. I thought I remembered it being around last year, but could not remember if I saw the signs for it or if it was another promotion. I suppose to bring it back it must have been successful last season so we shall see how it goes then!

• 3 weeks later...

I think it is a spectacular idea. If they had it when I was up there visiting in June, I would have certainly gotten one and spent a whole week there!

The good news is I am moving back up (from Orlando Florida) right before New Years, and plan on being a regular at GA for the rest of my life.

I've been to most of the best theme parks in the country, and GA is, was, and always will be my personal favorite.

The Sea World thing you mentioned above is known as the Fun Card. It used to be only for Florida residents. Didn't know they changed it. You buy one day's admission, and come back the rest of the year for free. (doen't include free parking of course) Busch Gardens also has the same thing, since they are both owned by Anhauser Busch.