VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

A Walk in the Park

JetsDevs4Lyf

Just saw links up about this event on Screamscape and the Six Flags Website today.

On September 7, 2008 Great Adventure will be a host park for "A Walk in the Park" event which is aimed at raising money to help find a cure for childhood cancers. The following is the descritption from the GAdv registration page:

Six Flags Friends is pleased to host the first annual “A Walk In The Park†event at Six Flags Great Adventure. Your support will help the hundreds of children in your community battling cancer. By participating in “A Walk In The Park,†you will be joining thousands of other Six Flags Guests from all across the United States who will be walking for the same purpose – to find cures for childhood cancers. Together as a network of Six Flags Friends, we can truly make a difference, but we need your help to reach our goal of raising $125,000 at Six Flags Great Adventure. Come take a “Walk In The Park†and help us find cures for pediatric cancer while enjoying smiles and thrills at Six Flags!

I'm pretty bad at leaving descriptions for events like this, but you can find out more information on donating, joining the walk, or anything else you might inquire about here on the event's official webpage. I figured since our park is hosting the event, it would be good to get the info out in case anyone would be interested in taking part for a good cause :)

Edited by JetsDevs4Lyf

• 3 weeks later...

I actually signed up to voulenteer for the walk. Not to get sponsors and walk, but to help out with the event. When you sign up for it you have a choice of what you would like to do to help, and I picked to work the Info Kiosk for the event. I have 14yrs. with P.S.E.&G. in cust. ops. and I have worked info desk's before so it won't be to much of a stretch for me. It's great cause and since I've had my little one's, I can only imagine what it must be like having a child with Cancer. I get upset if one of my kids get a cold. I'll keep you all posted when they get back to me and let me know if they find a spot for me to help.

It is looking like i'm in for helping out at the Walk. And it seems like they need more help than they have. They were asking me if I have any friend's or family that would like to help also. I figured i'd pass it along to you all, If you have nothing better to do on the 7th. of Sept. sign up. We could tell em' were from the site and and maybe get this place some more recognition, it's going strong here right now, let's keep it that way.

Rich

Rich, did they happen to say what they might need help with. I am finally getting a better picture of my upcoming weekends, and I believe that I may have some time to lend a hand. Just let me know and I'll see If I can for sure. I'd love to help out with something like this .

Chris

Rich, did they happen to say what they might need help with. I am finally getting a better picture of my upcoming weekends, and I believe that I may have some time to lend a hand. Just let me know and I'll see If I can for sure. I'd love to help out with something like this .

Chris

Actually, no. If you go on the Official GA site they have all the diffrent "jobs" that they have for the day. They range from, Course Setup to Working the Info Kiosk. I am still waiting for a reply from the person setting up the event at GA, so when they get back to me, I'll pass the info along.

The event planner just replyied to me. I am in for helping out. It is very early though. 6A.M. till' the park opens. I'm tired all ready. But an early morning in the park will be pretty cool though, i am looking forward to it. Maybe i'll get some shot's of the early morning track walk's.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got word that I have to be at the Park at 6:30A.M. on Sun. And park in Employee Parking. I'm excited that I get to go in the Park somewhere other than the Main Gate. I'll take pics. of all the action and post what i can. From the sounds of it, i will be in Backstage area's. I am just hoping I get to go to the office building. In the Lobby there is some old park item's on display in there that i have always wanted to see. They even have an old Carousel Horse. I'll keep you all posted if anything changes or I found anything else out.

*R*

Edited by Railer