VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Miscellaneous Mumblings

Thrill-Pics

Anyone watch the Golden Globes? It seemed to me that the show was a struggle - from winners that had to fight their way to get on stage, to thank you speeches that were mostly dull and full of dead-air, to technical glitches and missed cues, etc. I also think Tina and Amy had better material last year.

Yeah, although I like the snow, I don't like the extreme cold that has come with it this year. It seems that the climate has been overall more extreme lately between Hurricane Sandy in 2012, the heat wave last July, and the polar vortex now. Hopefully we'll have a good spring and summer after this really cold winter.

Temps in the 20s and teens suck, that is life threatening cold. It's so cold they have to mix calcium into the salt to make it work. However it is really nasty stuff that rots anything rubber like tires and brake hoses. It is also the same stuff they add into pool water to increase "hardness" and prevent plaster etching. When I mix it up in a bucket of water in the summer it smokes and turns the water red hot.

Forecasting a low of -5 Tuesday night. Normally it is pretty rare to get even near 0 during our winters. On 6ABC we may not even see near normal temps until Feb 10th, at least.

Edited by The Master

Got my tickets for americas got talent taping(s) for next month. Second year in a row that i will be going.

I have been wanting to go for a few years, but it is too far and it would be hard to find a day where my whole family will be able to all go.

I have been wanting to go for a few years, but it is too far and it would be hard to find a day where my whole family will be able to all go.

That was my issue too, trying to find a day when we were all free. It came down to just when majority was free and if you were busy, sorry. They moved it to newark this year incase you didn't know.

They're at the NJ preforming arts center, just got my tickets yesterday and just checked to make sure it didn't change and still has it listed NJ - NJ preforming arts center. Ill PM you the link for the tickets.

Edit: just realized you weren't the one that was going to go, but even if you are interested PM me ill send you the link for tickets haha.

Edited by jdc12192