VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Busch Gardens Tampa, 2/16/23

Yoshi

I went to Busch Gardens for another visit earlier in the day. As usual for this time of year, there were no lines except around 15 minutes for Iron Gwazi in the late morning and a 25 minute posted wait for Cheetah Hunt where I used my Quick Queue to wait 5 minutes.

After Iron Gwazi I went to Sheikra. I usually don't ride in the front row of Sheikra since it has a longer wait than the other rows and if the station is full, the station ride operator will tell people they have to go to the 2nd and 3rd rows. I forgot how it's a little scary looking almost straight down that drop while on the holding brake.

I have not ridden Kumba much since BGT has become my home park. I rode it once in 2012, once last year and that was it because the forcefulness and intensity gets to me. After reading that if you tense up your muscles, it helps the forces not feel as strong, I tried it last week and it helped and gave it another chance today. It's still really intense but a lot more tolerable.

Someone on Reddit posted a rumor Sand Serpent may close this year so I got 2 rides and plan to ride it at least once a visit if the line isn't too long. I could see it happening because it's close to 30 years old, has some reliability issues and is looking a little worn with the blue paint peeling off all over the ride. I will miss the ride if it leaves since it reminds me of being back home with Great Adventure, Dorney and Hershey all having a wild mouse.

Cheetah Hunt was the last ride of the day. The water section was not filled today. After seeing the water back a few visits ago, I was hoping it was here to stay.

FalconsFury1.thumb.jpeg.3bda430f32ae4ed4a1c77a219281cd4a.jpeg

Falcon's Fury being worked on. I hope it reopens soon.

Scorpion1.thumb.jpeg.f56750ad9eaf282c89c6c2e8d1d1518c.jpeg

Scorpion2.thumb.jpeg.0a0ad393a32826e37eb6ca2020aa7b9b.jpeg

Scorpion is listed as scheduled for a 5 day closure next month but has been closed for around 2 weeks unexpectedly this month. The 2nd train is on the transfer track which is rare to see.

• Yoshi changed the title to Busch Gardens Tampa, 2/16/23