VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

The 2023 Theme Park Map is available!

29yrswithaGApass

Notable changes from last year:

- Parachute Training Center:  Edwards AFB removed.

- My Six Flags Photos and all on-ride photos removed

- Memberabilia renamed WalkWay Shop

- Six Below replaces Rita's by Batman The Ride

- Oasis Snacks (Jr Thrillseekers) and Looney Tunes Camp Kitchen (BBNP) both now IBCCES Certified Autism Centers

- Six Below, Chop Six Express, and Boardwalk Tap House added to Boardwalk

- Best of the West not listed (events only)

- Arboretum (Tree Garden) added to Autobahn site

17 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Notable changes from last year:

- Parachute Training Center:  Edwards AFB removed.

- My Six Flags Photos and all on-ride photos removed

- Memberabilia renamed WalkWay Shop

- Six Below replaces Rita's by Batman The Ride

- Oasis Snacks (Jr Thrillseekers) and Looney Tunes Camp Kitchen (BBNP) both now IBCCES Certified Autism Centers

- Six Below, Chop Six Express, and Boardwalk Tap House added to Boardwalk

- Best of the West not listed (events only)

- Arboretum (Tree Garden) added to Autobahn site

Does this mean best of the west is gone? Or is it only going to be used for specific events now?

2 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

It will still be there but like the last few seasons openly on special days.

Any idea what the limited use of Best of the West is all about?  I fear we may soon be losing another major park icon as a result of a lack of preventive maintenance and the building's internal hardware, mainly the HVAC system that it shared with the Super TeePee.  The roof of the building always had significant leaking issues, but I know the installation of the metal roof resolved much of that problem.  At this point, I'm assuming the logs themselves are starting to pose a problem nearly 50 years later, in much the same way that the TeePee's logs became an issue.  I'm also just guessing that traffic flow in that area of the park is greatly diminished and doesn't warrant the labor costs associated with a restaurant of that size.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Daved Thomson said:

Any idea what the limited use of Best of the West is all about?  I fear we may soon be losing another major park icon as a result of a lack of preventive maintenance and the building's internal hardware, mainly the HVAC system that it shared with the Super TeePee.  The roof of the building always had significant leaking issues, but I know the installation of the metal roof resolved much of that problem.  At this point, I'm assuming the logs themselves are starting to pose a problem nearly 50 years later, in much the same way that the TeePee's logs became an issue.  I'm also just guessing that traffic flow in that area of the park is greatly diminished and doesn't warrant the labor costs associated with a restaurant of that size.

I only went a few times last year, but in 2021 I went a ton and it was open every single time I went. Pretty certain the use of it has lowered, but I hope it'll be refurbished instead of torn down. It's truly an icon at SFGAV and deserves to stay for the 50th.

5 hours ago, nbadude44 said:

Looks like the rumor of Nitro getting a new name & color scheme was bogus. Hopefully, there's a chance for a new paint job later on, but keeping the original colors

I wouldn't say it's fully bogus, because i'm pretty sure they planned it, then people caught onto it, and were upset about Nitro getting rethemed to something so generic as Goliath. I still think it'll get the color scheme it was planned as it got a new train with a completely different color scheme this year, but it'll probably still keep the Nitro name.