VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

SeaWorld Orlando & Magic Kingdom 4/30/23

Yoshi

On Sunday I went to both SeaWorld and Magic Kingdom. Knowing that Mako and Journey to Atlantis were closed for refurbishment (my 2 favorite rides in the park) I didn't plan to spend too much time at SeaWorld.

Ice Breaker without the comfort collars is a big improvement. You can enjoy the air time without being lifted into the straps of the comfort collars. Instead there is a seat belt. Only 1 train is running with the updated restraints and with it being a weekend, it was a posted 60 minute wait but looked worse. With Quick Queue it was a 3 train wait that took around 20 minutes because the ride stopped for over 10 minutes thanks to some idiot having their phone out. I was hoping they would be removed from the park but they didn't get in trouble at all.

I was considering going to Kraken but saw it was closed along with Manta. I decided to just get my 2 free food sample items at the Seven Seas Food Festival, use my SeaWorld bucks and leave. The festival crowds were more like what you see at Epcot compare to Busch Gardens where there aren't nearly as many people waiting at the booths.

Magic Kingdom wasn't really crowded at all. Walking in just after 3:30 I was really surprised to see that Tron boarding groups were still available. I later saw they ran out about a minute after I scanned into the park and got in the virtual queue.

Even some of the more popular rides like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad were only a 20 minute wait in the late afternoon. During the fireworks, almost every ride except Peter Pan's Flight and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train becomes a walk on and even those rides were a 10 minute and 15 minute wait before people walked back into the lands after the fireworks.

At 10:00, my boarding group was called. I was really looking forward to a night ride and got assigned the front row. It's definitely cooler to ride at night with the lights on the canopy and on the bikes but I don't think it's as big of a deal as it was made out to be to the point return times are being enforced because supposedly so many people want to ride at night. After Tron, there was time for another Space Mountain ride. Disney over inflates the wait times near closing and it was only a 15 minute wait.

If Tron boarding times last for hours after the 1:00 virtual queue opens, I will probably get to ride the coaster a lot more than I was expecting to.

TR1.thumb.JPG.2810d73781a4244f5d5b0d25c6d01266.JPG

TR2.thumb.JPG.fcea0e23eeb05219c708ded5b74d41d5.JPG

TR3.thumb.JPG.d3c77e5abfb0b39a4dfebf4e5749d362.JPG