VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

SeaWorld Orlando 9/19/23

Yoshi

I visited SeaWorld last week. I haven’t had too much luck this year on past visits to the park with bad weather closing all the rides (not the park’s fault I know) or large crowds with closed rides like in April, every coaster was closed at one point except Ice Breaker. 

Journey to Atlantis was first. Surprisingly they had someone assigning rows even with the ride being almost a walk on. This is my favorite water ride and I would really like to see at least some of broken effects working again. 

It’s always fun to be in the same boat and see others who think the drops are over after the main drop like the people in the front row who took their poncho hoods off not knowing the coaster drop was still about to happen. I rode 3 times got the back row each time to avoid getting soaked.

Kraken is closed for annual maintenance. 

Mako is my favorite ride in the park and I still can’t decide if Mako or Iron Gwazi is my favorite coaster in Florida. 1 train was running but it was a 1-2 train wait all 3 times I rode the coaster. I went to the front row and then row 6 for the other 2 rides. I didn’t realize at the time the 3rd ride was my 50th Mako ride. I still have a long way to go to get to 594 rides like I have at Nitro. The layout is great with a lot of it over the water plus lots of floater airtime.

Ice Breaker without the comfort collars is a big improvement. It's fun to get air time without slamming into the collars. It's a once a visit ride for me because I can't really ride coaster that go backwards too much anymore.

Shark Encounter closed at around 4 because they were setting up for a season pass night with the animal exhibits open and there were going to be tables with discounted merchandise. I couldn't stay and have too much stuff as it is but I'm sure there were good deals considering past sales like how Busch Gardens is selling 2023 t-shirts for $8.99 that were $29.99 originally.

On the way out we saw Orca Encounter, with the low crowds getting there 15 minutes before the show started was plenty of time with it not being full. That was a big difference from past visits like in 2004 during Christmas week where you had to get there an hour early to get a seat.

With summer over and low crowds again, I really want to try to get to SeaWorld (and Aquatica) more often.

SWOTR2.thumb.jpg.11bab99987d88dc97b81151d822ae3e0.jpg

SWOTR4.thumb.jpg.07bb8c125e0f6c15ec365594f82a1a52.jpg

SWOTR3.thumb.jpg.2246234098f49e83c17b3fd423a1ee2a.jpg

SWOTR5.thumb.jpg.0be0f72cd4add9f938816b6cbe364c42.jpg

Construction area for the new coaster

SWOTR6.thumb.jpg.30d88390e84e3b8b9144d87db49116dc.jpg

SeaWorld and Busch Gardens recently went cashless like other park chains.

SWOTR1_1.thumb.jpg.e3e1f14408ee27190c6cc8f53e30f6d9.jpg

• Like 1