VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Typhoon Lagoon and SeaWorld Orlando 3/25/24

Yoshi

Yesterday I went to Typhoon Lagoon and SeaWorld. I am in the middle of a 3 week blockout on my Disney World Annual Pass but it does not apply to the water parks. I don't think I'd want to go to the main theme parks anyway with it being Easter week and long wait times.

Typhoon Lagoon was not crowded at all, I waited 5 - 10 minutes for almost everything. I prefer Blizzard Beach as Typhoon Lagoon has more slides you can't ride as a single rider like the 2 family raft slides and 2 out of 3 Crush N Gusher slides but the other slides are fun. Mayday Falls would be my favorite slide if not for the rough bumps all over the slide that I guess are supposed to be like rapids.

SeaWorld had moderate crowds. With free Quick Queue Unlimited after 4 p.m., I was able to skip most of the lines. It's amazing to me they are offering that perk during a busy time of the year. In addition this month there is a free keychain, free food item at the Food and Wine Festival and a free 5th Anniversary Sesame Street Land plate. I have said it before but SEAS treats their pass holders extremely well and there are so many free items and rewards each month.

Journey To Atlantis was a 50 minute wait, 10 minutes with Quick Queue. This is my current favorite water ride and it's always fun seeing how people react to the surprise roller coaster drop at the end of the ride. I rode twice and then went to Kraken.

After Kraken I went to Mako for 3 rides. This was a 1 - 2 train wait even without Quick Queue. Mako is still my favorite ride in Florida. I still can't decide if I like Mako or Nitro better but they are both excellent.

Ice Breaker was running 1 train with a posted 70 minute wait. The Quick Queue Unlimited didn't work here so I used my Platinum Quick Queue 1 ride pass. Ice Breaker is fun but I'm not the biggest fan of going backwards with the swing launch.

SWTR2.thumb.jpg.32cd4b9b8e68e62df64aab58d368a57b.jpg

New 60th Anniversary Sign

SWTR1.thumb.jpg.65e2d2c7cfd44cebebe47ef8cd1ac0b1.jpg

SWTR3.thumb.jpg.51b86e9c4cf58001fb75a584131cf8c4.jpg

SWTR4.thumb.jpg.06558050850511c997b14daf87b3a1e3.jpg

SWTR5.thumb.jpg.9b07bbceb34b20a545e5d662e812fea4.jpg

The last 2 construction pictures were from 2 weeks ago. I'm really looking forward to Penguin Trek as there really isn't a family coaster in the park except Journey To Atlantis and sometimes I like to take a break from the more thrilling coasters.

• Like 2