VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Backyard Fright Fest

Railer

Oh god I have so much Halloween stuff to put up soon, I even won my town's haunted house contest a few years back. Some of the best props are homemade ones and I have made alot of props over the years. Some I based on GAdv's FF props. Usually I wait till next weekend around the 20th to put stuff up. :Bat::Jack:

Edited by The Master

Take some pics. and do a post. I am only putting up a "teaser" this weekend. I usually tend to put stuff out gradually. It's too much for one day with all the lighting and everything. I will look forward to see what everyone else does as well. I think this will be a very popular Thread this Haunting Season. :Witch3:

Love it... I wish I got to trick or treat with neighbor like you when I was younger :)

I grew up in an mostly all Italian neighborhood in Trenton. Back then in the mid 70's everyone knew everybody from aroungd the block, and there was about 4 or 5 homes that every year would do Haunted Houses. Now back then you actually went through people's homes, in the front door and out the back. They have always been my insperation when it comes to Halloween. It's a diffrent world nowaday's so no one comes in my House, but they go all around it. The pic. I posted is all I have up so far but I am working on it this weekend. More will be coming really soon!!!

Rich

I would have loved that as a kid for sure. The best I do now is for Christmas when we go out Christmas light gazing, especially up in Bergen County. Halloween I don't see as many people who do displays, and in recent years have seen way too many news stories about people being offended by other people's decorations, so when I see someone go all out for Halloween it is very nice.

I have a neighborhood around me that does Halloween right. Four blocks are shut down and EVERY house give out candy (full bar style) and there has to be at least 5 haunted houses and Haunted Walks set up. There is three bars "The ghost and Goblin" "The grim reaper bar" and the "VooDoo bar" on the edge of the street that sets up shots and coctails for the adults. Usually served in big cauldrons with dry ice for effect and the bartenders are all dressed up. There are people with chainsaws chasing people and dressed up just running around the place. So the kids are going apeshit and your rocking your Bloodyfinger cocktail and having a great time. Whats better than that?

On my street (it's really more of just a road) only me and one other house decorate much for Halloween. Everyone else are duds, same thing around Xmas and the 4th. Now the town where my Grandmother lives, wow do those people go all out.

I run a haunted yard set in my front yard, have benn doing this for six years. Atleast every two years i add something new to this setup. Last year i added a blacklight, fog and strobe tent. I used a car port, split it down the center with ground covers (the tarps you can buy at lowes). On the one side i had strobe light that flashed on and off, and on the other side i took cardboard and spray paited florresant paint on. i hung this from the roof of the carport, put black lights inside to react with the cardboard, both sides had fog pumped in from fog machine located in the back. This year i am adding a clown section to the haunt. i am in the planning phase, hope to start construction by Oct 6. Next year i am going to build an actual walk thru haunt

That is a nice skull where did you get it?

Anyways I got most of my stuff up now.

Party City, Rt. 130 Hightstown,N.J. a few years ago. That store carry's alot of diffrent stuff than most of the Party Store's around. At least they did then, I haven't been there this year yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone here make their own props? It's fun making stuff yourself and some of the best props I have seen are homemade. Heck I made some cool Haloween props from junk laying around like my toxic waste barrels made from old water conditioner salt hoppers.

• 3 weeks later...

Well this year's Backyard Fright Fest was sort of a bust. We moved in July and we only had about 20 kids come thru Trick-Or-Treating at our new place. My old Neighbor's from our previous House said everyone was wondering where we were, and there was ALOT of kids let down because we didn't live there anymore. Here's a few pics. from last night, but this year it really wasn't worth all the setup work we did. Hopefully next year will be better with more Kids. I did have one group of young Teenage Girls come thru, and at least I was able to get a couple of good scares in.

gallery_208_401_510292.jpg

gallery_208_401_52271.jpg

gallery_208_401_52271.jpg

gallery_208_401_21190.jpg

gallery_208_401_47746.jpg