VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Universal Orlando Announces Transformers

GAcoaster

In case anyone missed it, Universal has started a countdown to a big announcement at 7:30 pm on November 1st: https://www.facebook.com/UniversalOrlandoResort/app_375047952573142

We're pretty sure (due to a line in the coding) that Transformers is a part of the announcement, but the big question is what else will be announced?

There are TWO big projects under construction right now, neither has been announced. Transformers is one, and the other is the rumored Harry Potter expansion, but in addition there are rumored additions coming to the Simpsons (expanding into a mini-land), plus a waterpark. It will be interesting to see what gets announced, but supposedly they have plans to spend $1.5 BILLION over the ten years. :)

I wouldn't be surprised to see them turn Marvel Super Hero Island into Spiderman Island in the future.

A common rumor is that, with Disney's relatively new ownership of Marvel, Universal Orlando is locked into their existing ride/attraction/restaurant licenses - no changes, no additions. It's what they have now or nothing at all...

Personally, I don't see the point of cloning Transformers. Spider-Man is the exact same ride.

There is a long list of reasons why they are putting in Transformers.

1.Give guests reason to come back next season instead of holding out on Potter Phase II to open,the year after.

2.Transformers has been a HUGE success at the Hollywood park.

3..Dispersing crowds once Phase II opens.

4.Spiderman is one of the most popular attractions at IOA,Transformers using similar technology will be a sure hit for the Universal side of the resort.

5.Gives people more reason to stay the day instead of doing Harry Potter and leaving.

For the second announcement I'm saying it's going to be the Springfield project.

Edited by Mike13

There is a long list of reasons why they are putting in Transformers.

1.Give guests reason to come back next season instead of holding out on Potter Phase II to open,the year after.

2.Transformers has been a HUGE success at the Hollywood park.

3..Dispersing crowds once Phase II opens.

4.Spiderman is one of the most popular attractions at IOA,Transformers using similar technology will be a sure hit for the Universal side of the resort.

5.Gives people more reason to stay the day instead of doing Harry Potter and leaving.

For the second announcement I'm saying it's going to be the Springfield project.

IIRC correctly, Universal attempted a similar plan with The Simpsons Ride and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (Harry Potter was supposed to open a year after Simpsons. We all know what happened afterwards).

Edited by MarioSonic94

IIRC correctly, Universal attempted a similar plan with The Simpsons Ride and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (Harry Potter was supposed to open a year after Simpsons. We all know what happened afterwards).

I believe their one-two punch announcement was for Rip Ride Rockit and WWoHP.

Either way it's a smart strategy,especially with two HUGE e-ticket attractions one year after another. Oh and a VERY reliable source has given a little bit of information about Harry Potter Phase II,I've put it in spoilers in case you want to be surprised by the announcement that is to come.

Hogwarts Express will be the real deal! The train stations include highly detailed scenery and effects. The trains themselves will be very realistic including steam wafting from each car, scenic treatment and sounds. Each interior cabin includes period props and treatments. The window in each cabin will utlize an advanced optics display making it appear as though you are looking outside a window. As the train travels to the station riders will be treated to different storylines depending on which station they are going to. The cabins are also equipped with a full effects package including heat blast, leg ticklers, lighting etc. One storyline includes a dementors attack where it will get dark, the air will go cold and lights will flicker among other things.

Make no mistake the connector train ride is a full E-ticket! The R&D for the display system alone is staggering. Nothing like this has been done before on this scale and it will be spectacular. Avatar looks to be a joke compared to just this attraction. I haven't even mentioned the major new ride for Potter 2.0 yet.

That brings me to Gringott's. The queue, in my opinion, will be even better than Forbidden Journey's queue. Let's put it this way...the queue includes a really cool elevator ride that will simulate moving vertically and horizontally. You'll feel the air coming from the right side as you move to the right and you'll feel the air from below as you travel down. Each of the two elevator simulators include a projection dome above to enhance the visuals. That's just in the queue. Maybe I'll save the actual ride description for another time but suffice it to say that everything from the unique ride system to the exciting show elements will make this attraction one of the most impressive rides to date.

Edited by Mike13