VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Flyin Phil's Photos December 30th Update

GAcoaster

Great photos Phil! I was wondering if the weather was going to be clear enough for you to possibly go up this weekend. I am glad you did! :hat:

Something small but interesting .. Compared to other parks Great Adventure doesn't usually go to extremes when winterizing their rides. Many parks dismantle their flats or at the very least cover the ride vehichles with tarps. Other than the Flying Wave, it appears one of the only things winterized is the red popcorn cart in Looney Tunes Seaport. It can be seen in Photo 20 wrapped in white. Even the Taz Tornado swings are still hanging. Odd!

I keep thinking the same thing. When you tour Dorney in the off-season, most of the flats have been disassembled almost completely, the cars are removed from the Ferris Wheel, even the brakes on their Wild Mouse are wrapped in plastic to protect them. They even have custom made covers for the ride vehicles! I wonder if it really makes much difference in the long run (besides paint fading)?

DP020405%20203.jpg

DP020405%20196.jpg

DP020405%20230.jpg

DP020405%20069.jpg

DP020405%20172.jpg

I did notice that the one RMT train was "winterized" at the end of the season this year:

101307-062.jpg

I know the park used to take the Big Wheel cars off every year, but they haven't done that in a LONG time.