VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Justice League - the Opening 6/15/17

dougdrummer

I just got back from GA where we got to ride the Justice League on its opening day. We walked over to the area about 2:40. You had to enter and leave via the Dark Knight side, since the Picnic Grove path was closed to control the event crowd. The line was already back to the south drain of the old stunt show facility. They started letting people in around 2:55 and the line moved fairly well. We crossed the new Metro Narrows bridge, went past Metro Grill, Munchopolis and into the outdoor queue line. We then progressed into the indoor queue area, which consisted of two up-and-backs. Past there the line splits into 3 or more parties to the left and 2 and less parties to the right. The queue distance to boarding was much shorter for us in the party of 2 line, HOWEVER, when you get up towards the boarding area, people in the 3 or more parties as well as the fast pass people got priority. It seemed to take forever to get on the ride even though there were only 10 of us waiting in this line, They would call out regularly for single riders, and to their credit they were packing each car of 5 with no wasted capacity.

You grab your 3D glasses just before boarding and then you are off. The ride meanders along a track and alternates between areas where you actively shoot and then transition static areas. There were probably about four main battle areas. The one towards the end was unique in that you ride along with a subway train on your left side.

From start of line to exit of the ride was close to an hour, and of course you exit through a gift shop. When we were finished, the line across the bridge was gone, but the queues outside the building had increased significantly. There was a DJ playing outside next to the Showcase, and they were giving out free samples of Dippin Dots and fudge, They were also making balloons for the kiddies.

All and all the ride was good and should help GA continue to be a pre-eminent amusement park. The downside was that during the battle action I couldn't really figure out what to shoot at, and the laser line from the gun to the screen didn't seem to be aligned all that well. Thus for most of the ride I couldn't even tell whether it was me shooting at certain targets or not (consider that there are 5 people shooting at the same time). Nonetheless I scored 560,000 which was close to a kid next to us that had the high score for our car at 590,000. The DJ had announced that the high score so far was 900+ thousand. At the end of the ride they show pics of each car occupant and their scores, which was pretty cool. Overall the 3D imaging worked well with the glasses, but everything happens so fast and your car keeps swinging around, it made it hard for me to concentrate. But that could also be because I'm an old fart. LOL

I downloaded some pics into this photo album:

http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/Forums/index.php?app=gallery&album=1135

• Like 1

Justice League is awesome, I had only been on it once before but it really is such a fun ride. The lines weren't too bad today, I waited probably an hour but I expect the lines to be insane once it opens to everyone else.

They did a great job on the theming around the area too with the addition of the bridge and the conversion of the restaurants and stores and bathrooms in the area.

Great job by the park giving season pass holders exclusive access today and handing out free Dippin dots to try as well.

Justice League is awesome, I had only been on it once before but it really is such a fun ride. The lines weren't too bad today, I waited probably an hour but I expect the lines to be insane once it opens to everyone else.

They did a great job on the theming around the area too with the addition of the bridge and the conversion of the restaurants and stores and bathrooms in the area.

Great job by the park giving season pass holders exclusive access today and handing out free Dippin dots to try as well.

Totally agree, although the two flavors of Dippin Dots we got were lime and some other fruit that wasn't very tasty...LOL

The downside was that during the battle action I couldn't really figure out what to shoot at, and the laser line from the gun to the screen didn't seem to be aligned all that well. Thus for most of the ride I couldn't even tell whether it was me shooting at certain targets or not (consider that there are 5 people shooting at the same time)

My car was full with 6 people and it took me a few seconds to figure out what color my gun was shooting. I didn't think to look so maybe it's there and I didn't see it but it would be great if they put the color on the gun so you knew which one was yours.

See these green robot things? That's the main thing to shoot at

lex_0.jpg?itok=TzyURaiB

Edited by SatansHockey

I had a typo in my report - the car indeed had 6 occupants, not 5. About half way through I figured out the little green robots were the best targets to shoot. It did not appear as if shooting any good guys or shooting and missing targets decreased your score, as some video games do.

I had a typo in my report - the car indeed had 6 occupants, not 5. About half way through I figured out the little green robots were the best targets to shoot. It did not appear as if shooting any good guys or shooting and missing targets decreased your score, as some video games do.

I was the high score in my car with only 96,450. I don't believe it decreased your score but it did keep track of your accuracy. I was 80%

interesting - I didn't see where it kept track of accuracy

When it put up the picture of MEEEEE as the high score in the car it also had on screen that I was 80%. I don't think it was over all for the car since I was the only one who hit anything. I kid, they weren't so far behind me but it took 4 of us to combine for a total score of 261,200

When it put up the picture of MEEEEE as the high score in the car it also had on screen that I was 80%. I don't think it was over all for the car since I was the only one who hit anything. I kid, they weren't so far behind me but it took 4 of us to combine for a total score of 261,200

That means your score was in the top 80% of all riders. (AKA you did better than 20% of the people who rode)

What is the general reliability of this type of ride in terms of operations? I'd imagine since it is indoors and not an extreme coaster, it should be more reliable than a ride like Joker. Then again it relies on a lot of electronics and animatronics to operate.

Question - are you supposed to board the cars while they are moving? That seems a little unsafe, with potential for falls. There seemed to be a little confusion as to whether we were supposed to wait until the cars stopped to get on. I think the cars stop and start several times in the loading zone.

Getting on when it's moving didn't seem unsafe. Other rides do the same thing like Saw Mill Log Flume.

True, but the floor rotates so there is no motion differential between the platform and the flume boat. Here the cars seem to stop and start with no warning so it's almost a moving target; albeit they don't move that fast.

The Dark Rides at Hershey and Santa's Village both stop. However probably is not that big a deal, Log Flume, Wild Mouse and Chocolate World Move at Hershey, Log Flume at Santa's Village also moves constantly and there is no turntable.

Wow - I've never seen a Log Flume that doesn't have a rotating platform! And I believe the Chocolate World tour ride also has a rotating platform.

• Like 1