VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

The simulator theater in 2009

29yrswithaGApass

The 2009 Movie  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What do you THINK will happen to the simulator theater in 2009?

• Fly Me To The Moon will return
    • One of the other previously shown titles will return
    • A new film title will debut
    • The ride will be closed for the 2009 season
  2. 2. What would you LIKE to be shown in the simulator theater in 2009?

• The Right Stuff
    • Dino Island
    • Dino Island II
    • Sponge Bob
    • Superstition (Elvira year round)
    • Fly Me to the Moon
    • Something new should be shown

I just had a great idea! With the new termintator ride coming out in SFMM maybe it would be possible that we could get a terminator simulator. Think about it, it would fit the building nicely, add a little bit of themeing to the front and bam, you have a hit new ride! Plus the one at disney is very popular, but its also a little interactive, but still, done correctly, this would be amazing!

I would like to see a Mario Kart sim movie in the theater.

Mario Kart characters that should be in the ride

Baby Mario

Baby Luigi

Baby Peach

Baby Daisy

Toad

Toadette*

Toadsworth*

Koopa Troopa

Mario

Luigi

Peach

Daisy

Yoshi

Diddy Kong

DK

Bowser

Bowser Jr.*

Wario

Waluigi

*Preshow only

Also they should retheme the theater and rebuild the extended queue. The queue should have "Mario Kart memoriblia" like the Baby Daisy and Baby Weegee (Luigi) statues from Daisy Cricuit (Mario Kart Wii) and the "giant egg of doom" from Yoshi Valley (Mario Kart Wii). Also, like the old Jet Engine Test Bunker building portion of the queue, there should be a small building that is part of the queue that is called "The Mario Kart Hall of Fame". In the building, there should be bios of all the racers in the film. Another thing they should rebuild, is the gift shop at the end of the ride. The store should have Mario gifts and Mario Kart Wii demo machines.

They should also show either Hanna Barbera or SFGAm's Space Shuttle America

Edited by MarioSonic94

Wouldn't it be GREAT if the park let us vote on the film for next year for they let people vote for the Shockwave's name. Just imagine the ballot:

o Right Stuff

o Spongebob

o Fly Me

o Hanna Barbera

o Mario Super Racers

o Elvira

o Lego Racer

o Justice League 4-d

Vote November 4th!

Edited by warnerleroy

I would love to see Hanna-Barbera in 2009!

I would like to see a Mario Kart sim movie in the theater.

Mario Kart characters that should be in the ride

Baby Mario

Baby Luigi

Baby Peach

Baby Daisy

Toad

Toadette*

Toadsworth*

Koopa Troopa

Mario

Luigi

Peach

Daisy

Yoshi

Diddy Kong

DK

Bowser

Bowser Jr.*

Wario

Waluigi

*Preshow only

They should also show either Hanna Barbera or SFGAm's Space Shuttle America

Luis L.

Wouldn't it be GREAT if the park let us vote on the film for next year for they let people vote for the Shockwave's name. Just imagine the ballot:

o Right Stuff

o Spongebob

o Fly Me

o Hanna Barbera

Vote November 4th!

All awesome ideas!

May I ask -- whats Hanna Barbera?

*sigh*

I feel old...

Hanna-Barbera was an animation company who pretty much had the market cornered when it came to animation on TV: Scooby Doo, Flintstones, Jetsons, Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound, etc...

I'd like to see a Justice League simulator film...

:rolleyes:

o Right Stuff

o Spongebob

o Fly Me

o Hanna Barbera

Vote November 4th!

My vote goes to Hanna Barbera. Though you should add my Mario Kart idea as one of the choices

Luis L.

I want Hannah Barbera SO bad. But if possible, I'd much rather have the Simpsons Ride of even better: Back to the Future! They both would work perfectly to the current state of the theater. The Simpsons ride takes palce in Krustyland, a carnival like theme park, which the Boardwalk is themed EXACTLY to. All we would have to do is change the name from boardwalk to Krustyland. It already has all the thrill rides and games in the land. And Back to the Future. BTTF takes place in a labrotory called the Institute of Future Technology. The simulator building sort of fits in with the science institute them. Add a few TV monitors to the Quenue show the adds about Doc Brown visiting the future and the past, add a few "sciency" props, add a dorlereon and train, change the preshow, change season pass processing into Back to the Future the store and viola! We want more theming. But, with the whole Universal Studios movies, just PLEASE don't put in Jimmy Nuetron <_<

I just can't see The Simpsons coming to the park with it being in Universal right now. With the huge amount of publicity it got there with it replacing BTTF and the retheming of that area, there is no way we would get it. First the park would have to do a huge amount to theme to it, otherwise the inevitable comments about how it's nothing like its counterpart in Universal would be heard often and loudly. Secondly, I just can't see SF getting the rights to the movie with it already in a major park. It would decrease the uniqueness of the ride down there. Along those lines, BTTF would not come to the park in my opinion for a few reasons as well. While the trilogy is still relatively popular, it's not brand new and not as significant as it was when the ride was brought out in Universal originally. Secondly, if SF took the rights to that over, they would put themselves in a position of looking like they were taking other parks old used goods and trying to make them their own. Had the park gotten a simulator when BTTF was new it would have worked, but it would just not really fit in the park without it looking like SF was riding the old coattails of Universal at this point. Just my opinion though.

But Shockwave was called Shockwave when it was in SFMM, so SF just kept it's old name when they moved to SFGAdv. I would also like to see the HB movie, much better than that dumb Jimmy Neutron that replaced HB.

Edited by The Master

Well if they do decide to bring in something like that the theming better be all out for it because I would hate to go on a first class ride that withstood the test of time for so long, and see it in a non-themed old airforce hanger that doesn't fit, when it played for so many years in a well themed place.

Now there is a mix I never would have thought I would see in terms of theming. But at the same time I guess it works in that it is themed to the characters that are a clear staple of the park. I just feel that with each movie there has been less and less of an effort to match the theme (obviously there is no room outside to really do much anymore) and they got lucky that technically a space theme fit into the hangar theme. But if something like that went in an overhaul of the inside would be nice if they could. Without the Right stuff there, especially now lacking the space shuttle and the scrambler long gone, the old Right Stuff building is beginning to seem slightly out of place.

Thanks for posting the video Dan. I don't think Hanna-Barbera would fit, especially after seeing the picture of SFKK. If Six Flags wants a family friendly cartoon simulator ride, it only makes sense to use Looney Tunes characters. I think it would be best to have something new and original other then something that has seen it's time come and go.

• 8 months later...