VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2008: How much of Six Flags Great Adventure did you do this year?

29yrswithaGApass

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which parts of Great Adventure did you visit in 2008? (check all that apply)

• Great Adventure Theme Park
    • Wild Safari Animal Park
    • Safari Exploration Station
    • Hurricane Harbor
    • Lukoil Gas Station
    • I didn't visit this season.

I tell you what, we made way more trips this season to the park than I think we ever have before. By the end we were probably up to

the mid teens in terms of visits. I had a pretty good laugh when we arrived for our first FF trip this year and a guy was taking down some visit information on a pda. When we told him our number of visits he seemed slightly surprised at first and then proceeded to tell us about a guy he interviewed who had visited the park 80 times to that point of the season.

The only regret I can say I have is not venturing into the safari park after about July when we got caught up in a huge storm while driving through it. I am definitely one of those who loves the safari and the animals and wishes more people would take it in, so to not get back into it myself kinda sucked.

I visited the park 9 times this season. 4 were regular visits (Opening Weekend, June, August and Fright Fest) 2 were events (Coasters After Dark and Rise & Scream in July) and three were media-related (Off-season tour, Opening of The Dark Knight Coaster and Kingda Ka's Travel Channel shoot.) All my trips were fun and pleasant and shorter in nature because of the lack of rides.

I missed a ride on Buccaneer and Tea Cups because my friends get sick on these rides, Top Spin and Jolly Roger (lol) and Parachutes and Congo Rapids because the lines were too long, or because it was too hot, too windy or too cold :P.

I enjoyed my rides on TDK, El Toro, Nitro, GASM and Batman. Rolling Thunder ran better than it had in years (especially in the back seats!) I rode Medusa and S.U.F more than anytime in the past 5 years (5 times this season) but my opinion of them hasn't changed. I didn't ride RMT or Batman as much as I usually do and I rode Skull Mountain with the lights almost as much as I rode with them off. I only rode BBLTT once this season and I rode Road Runner Railway for the first time since my first ride after it opened. I rode the Sky Ride more than ever (night rides and on both cables) and I rode the Log Flume in the dark for the first time since I was a kid. It really adds to the ride.

The Batman crew was the most efficent crew I had encountered this year. I think they were the fastest crew the ride has had in 5 years! The Sky Ride crew was the friendliest. The crew of Jon and Erik at El Toro was the fastest I've ever seen at that ride. The crew on RT stunk-on-ice by mid-season. Kingda Ka and Nitro's crews were good. The crew at Medusa was better than it had been in the last few seasons.

I passed on the water park for the 2nd year in a row. It wasn't because they didn't add anything new, but that I had gone to quite a few water parks this year. Plus, I spent money on food in the park!

I went through the Safari in my car for the first time in 6 years. It must have been the hottest day of the year and the animals were too exhausted to move! I wanted to come back when it was cooler, but I never made it.

I visited the Exploration Station for the first time. Interesting, but not worth a $22 upcharge.

The coasters are great, but shows and flat rides round out a visit for me at a park. I saw a preview of the Dolphin show but I never was in The Golden Kingdom around showtime. I had a pleasant trip during FF but if I went their for the attractions, I would have thought the event was poor. It was a fun year, but I'm thinking that the ride removals is starting to wear thin on me to consider a season pass next season.

Edited by darkridedan

Only went to the theme park this year. Originally, I was going to go to Hurricance Harbor as well, but those plans were scrapped when I went to Orlando. To make up for no Hurricane Harbor, I went to the new Aquatica water park (possibly the best addition to Orlando in 2008, 2nd only to the Simpsons Ride)

Luis L.

Edited by Luis L