VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

The Music of Great Adventure

Great Adventurer

Hello again, everyone!

While waiting in the queues at Great Adventure this year, I was happy to be able to enjoy the various songs that were played in the stations of various rides, and this topic is to honor those very songs!

Here are the songs of which I know. They took quite a bit of time and research to find (Well, Superman was obvious). I'll present them now:

Nitro (Found By: Great Adventurer)-

Song title: Mortal Kombat

Artist: AA. VV.

Album: Cartoon Dance Vol. 2

________________________________________________________________________________

Medusa (A classic!) (Found By: Great Adventurer)-

Song title: Clubbed to Death

Artist: Rob Dougan

Album: Furious Angels

Bizarro (Found by: scipiomask)

Song Title: Bizarro theme

Artist: ???

Album: ???

A video of this can be seen (And heard!) here:

________________________________________________________________________________

Superman: Ultimate Flight (Found By:Great Adventurer)-

Song title: Main Theme (From "Superman")

Artist: John Williams

Album: The Music of John Williams- 40 Years of Film Music

Rolling Thunder (Found By: Up_Up_and_Away, thechiller15, scipiomask, The Master)-

Song 1 Title: Rawhide

Artist: Frankie Laine

Album: Riders in the Sky

Song 2 Title: Wild Wild West

Artist: Various

Album: Wild Wild West Soundtrack

Runaway Mine Train(Found By: Up_Up_and_Away)-

Song Title: Indiana Jones Theme

Artist: Philharmonic Symphony Orchestra and Richard Edlinger

Album: The Classics at the Movies: Adventure!

Kingda Ka (Most to all played throughout the Golden Kingdom Area)

(Found By: Great Adventurer, Thrill-Pics, Cyclone Man (x2), that1stdropsadoozy)-

Song 1 Title: Eye of the Tiger Remix

A video of this can be seen (And heard!) here:

I do not know the artist of this one (Although I have been told that it may have been DJ Quicksilver), so please tell me if you know!

Song 2 Title: Samb-Adagio

Artist: Safri Duo

Album: Episode II

Song 3 Title: Adagio

Song 4 Title: Crazy Benny

Song 5 Title: Kernkraft 400

Artist: Zombie Nation

Album: Kernkraft 400 [single]

El Toro (Found By: Bullets, GAcoaster, Thrill-Pics, 29yrswithaGApass)-

Song Title: Hotel California

Artist: Gipsy Kings

Album: Volare! - The Very Best of the Gipsy Kings

(Also features various other selections from from the Gipsy Kings)

Skyway (Found by: scipiomask)-

Song Title: Robin Hood Prince of Thieves Main Theme

Artist: Michael Kamen

Album: Robin Hood Prince of Thieves Soundtrack

GASM (Another classic!) (Found by: scipiomask)-

Song Title: Palladio

Artist: Silent Nick

Album: Palladio- Single by Silent Nick

Batman: The Ride (Found by: scipiomask)-

Song 1 Title: The Batman Theme

Artist: Danny Elfman

Album: Batman:Original Motion Picture Score

Song 2 Title: Attack of the Batwing

Artist: Danny Elfman

Album: Batman:Original Motion Picture Score

Glow in the Park Parade (Found by: GAcoaster)-

Song Title: Glow in the park parade (Let it shine)

Artist: Benoit Jutras (Cirque du soleil)

Album: None, although the park considered creating one

Below is a slide show compilation of some of the parade's most stellar moments, with a crystal clear recording of the musical backdrop. Many thanks go to Tom (GA coaster) for allowing me to use his video on this page!

Of course, there are many songs that are not listed here, so if you know any, please post them so I can add them to the list; soon we may know every song played at the park! :)

Edited by Great Adventurer

El Toro plays a large selection from the Gipsy Kings, including their rendition of Hotel California. The music is ok, but i am so sick of it, especially rawhide. as a security officer, that song is on all the time and when the park is empty you can hear it all the way by the fountain. I guess its on a loop and need to be turned off manually, which never seems to happen. Medusa's song is from the matrix, BTW

Thank you, I'll add those in a bit later.

I can never get enough of Nitro and KK's songs, they're awesome, and I loved Medusa's as well. Although some of them get a bit monotonous, they still fit the theme of the ride, although perhaps there should be a few more of them added to each ride, so there will be multiples instead of just one. And yes, Medusa's song is from the Matrix, that's how I found it in the first place (I heard it from Medusa's operator on closing day, and later looked up the soundtrack and eventually found the song).

• 4 months later...

Ok I have a question regarding music tracks that are played in the following places:

> Kingda Ka's station....not queue...not Golden Kingdom (i already have all of safri duo)

> Area around El Toro, and maybe even in the station. Its a distinct song and i don't know any Spanish so i cant post lyrics.

Anyway if any of you know any info, please reply. Thanks. :D

If I had to guess at the lyrics ( i know no Spanish) the chorus would be:

Si...nominahado hoy.... nominahado soy...naminahado siiiiiiii yaaa! Si! Then it repeats.

If you read it slowly you might get it. :D

Edited by Thrill-Pics

Sorry...i sohould have looked more closely! biggrin.gif

Anyway, i dont think that the eye of the tiger mix is played on ka. and also dont forget crazy benny by safri duo! biggrin.gif

Does anyone else know actual station music for ka?

Like when you hear the 'WELCOME TO KINGDA KA' spiel.......whats in the background besides that remix and safri duo?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry For The Double Post But..............................

I got some more golden kingdom music! (thanks to VCAST Song ID :D )

Most of the stuff is either safri duo or from the artist gigi's Illuminated Audio album. I can hear many songs on that album played in the Golden Kingdom.

• 1 year later...

A couple of weeks ago I went to the park and was waiting in line for the skyride at the station near Skull Mountain. There were 2 speakers on the roof. An old white one and one of the new black ones they've thrown all over the park. The white one was playing traditional theme park music while the black one was playing pop music. They were both way too loud and put together they were just excruciating.

• 2 months later...