VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 24 - A Six Flags Holiday in the Park Event!

This one is probably the most important one. It is so fusturating to read about how Fiesta Texas, Over Texas, Discovery Kingdom and Magic Mountain are all open and Great Adventure is closed. If they kept admission reasonable maybe under $20, and lowered parking to $10 or less (like how Hershey charges $6 parking for their event instead of the usual $10), and even had just not all of the park open it would be great as long as there was at least a few coasters open.

Hershey's event is fun but to me, it is just a "diversion" to break up the off season but really doesn't feel the same as a regular park visit without a coaster open and I would like to see Great Adventure to show Hershey that you need more thrill rides/coasters open.

This is a great idea. A Holiday in the Park would be lots of fun.

Places to donate toys to needy children could be located through the outer mall.

I would love to see the Fantasy Forest opened with the carousel, Houdini and maybe the Big Wheel (brrr!)...decorated with a snowflake light display... and giant wrapped and unwrapped presents could decorate the midways.

Musik Express could reopened and rock and upbeat modern Christmas music could play in the cycles. Autobahn could run with the fall of fake snow (though ice would be more fun. ;) ) Skull Mountain could have scenes and themes and music from Rankin & Bass' Rudolph and the Abominable Snowman. BlackBeards could be themed to Kris Kringle's encounters with the Winter Warlock. Buccaneer could be decked out as Santa's Sleigh and The Fantasy Fling might even be themed to a giant dreidel. It would be a good time of year to debut a few more spin rides like Santa's Flying Reindeer and maybe a Polar Express!

All the kiddie areas could be opened and all points in between like Boardwalk games and Siberian Tigers! A Christmas movie might play in the motion base theater and The North Pole could be created in the snowflake (Alcatraz) with Santa and his reindeer.

I'd watch a Christmas show in Showcase Theater. If the park got a hold of the hayride vehicles, a ride-through Christmas scene and light display may be a big attraction.

The park may block off Plaza del Carnaval and The Golden Kingdom, or they could be opened with The Old Country, Lakefront and Wiggles World for Christmas Around the World.

Most of the coaster would be closed but The Dark Knight could be opened for Christmas in Gotham City.

The two ideas I would love to see return from Holiday in the Parking Lot would be the skaiting rink and the minature trains!

I would be happy with the park just being opened, but some ideas like these may make the event more successful.

This one is probably the most important one. It is so fusturating to read about how Fiesta Texas, Over Texas, Discovery Kingdom and Magic Mountain are all open and Great Adventure is closed. If they kept admission reasonable maybe under $20, and lowered parking to $10 or less (like how Hershey charges $6 parking for their event instead of the usual $10), and even had just not all of the park open it would be great as long as there was at least a few coasters open.

Hershey's event is fun but to me, it is just a "diversion" to break up the off season but really doesn't feel the same as a regular park visit without a coaster open and I would like to see Great Adventure to show Hershey that you need more thrill rides/coasters open.

I would vey much like to see GAdv open for the Holidays. If you notice most of the SF parks open for the Hoildays are in warmer weather places than us, (GAdv is in a zone 6 While the holiday SF parks are zones 8-9). However GAdv does have enough indoor and covered rides that they should be able to have an event and make it work. But the weather would be too cold to run the outdoor coasters, I don't think it is easy to remove ice off of coaster tracks which is probably why Hershey Park does not run their's in the winter. They would also need an Holiday show in a indoor, heated theater.