VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2009. . 35 years!

southview2

I don't think they will do anything BIG for the anniversary, but I think we might see an Ad campaign of something like 35yrs. of Thrills (or 35yrs. of fun) But I don't think they will make too much of it. Don't get me wrong, I would love too see something special on July 1st. this year, maybe dedicate a new plaque for the Park (like the ones on the older rides) I would like to see it out by the Main Gate somewhere, and detail the story of Warner LeRoy. I don't know why they have never tried to tie into the Wizard Of Oz somehow. When TBS shows the Wizard I would love it if it made people think of GA.

I figured that they did not own the right's to the Movie, but they could tell the story of Warner and his famous Father without infringeing on the movie right's. I just think it is an important part of the history of GA, that most people don't know about. For a young Warner on the set of that classic movie, it had to be some of the inspiration for our Park.

Will this be year 30 or 31 for Harry (Perhaps he didn't update his username for last year)?

Yeah, I am on year 30 now! I haven't really decided yet whether I should change my i.d. or leave it at 29yrs (the first year we started up these forums). In the meantime, I added a tag line to my signature below.