VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

GAdv in the winter

The Master

Going to GAdv in the winter if it was open.  

20 members have voted

1. 1. If GAdv was open in the winter would you still go?

• Yes I would stay there till closing and do all the rides
    • Only go there for awhile, not the whole day.
    • Only go there for awhile and mainly do indoor rides.
    • Too cold for me to go, I'll wait for spring.

Let's pretend GAdv was open during the dead of winter, temps are below freezing and the wind is blowing but all the dry rides are open. Would you still go or not?

Edited by The Master

The park being open in the winter would work for me! I really don't mind the cold that much. There would probably be some rides I would avoid or ride only a couple of times like the larger coasters and water rides would probably be out for me.

I'd love to be at GA on a crisp star-filled winter night with a full moon shining down through the tree branches.

I would probably go for awhile and mainly do indoor rides. The problem with me is I get the chills bad, I can tough it out for awhile but once I get the chills thats it. The brisk air in the early spring and late fall hitting me in the face is enough to turn my nose into a leaky faucet let alone winter air, brrr!

Edited by The Master

I'd go for a few hours and mainly stick to Skull Mountain and TDK but I would probably go on Nitro and maybe another outdoor coaster or 2 a few times. I have been on coasters in the 40's and some like Steel Force and Nitro are just too cold to marathon in that kind of weather let alone below freezing. No way I would ride KK though.

Someone in this area really needs to create an indoor amusement park like Nick Universe or even the small indoor park at Mt. Olympus. I don't understand why there are so few indoor parks in the US (not counting small Family Entertainment Centers like the one near me with a Frog Hopper, kiddie train and kiddie tea cups).

Edited by Yoshi

I'd only go for a couple of hours at a time. I'd just mainly go on flat or indoor rides, cold-air and coasters really don't seem to mix with me. Think about it, in the summer, you sweat and your hot. When you go on a coaster, all that air blowing in your face seems to cool you down. In winter, it would just make you more cold.

Im used to going to Hershey during Christmas and would defantly go to GA in the winter. I usually get used to the cold at the park. The trick is go to an indoor show (if they have one) do the indoor rides, go into other buildings like stores and arcades to take breaks from the outside. I think it would be fun to go to GA in the winter and in the snow.

I would definitely go! I'll never forget one morning of April 2007, my friend and I went on Batman. Sky was overcast, and it was freezing out. We rode the ride, all was good, and when we got off, it was SNOWING. Not full blown blizzard, but it snowed. It only lasted for a few minutes, but I'll never forget being at the park in the snow. It was unforgettable.