VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Quick Coaster Count Question

ChrisChavan

When Medusa gets its makeover, if it is indeed renamed, will we count it on a Coaster Counter as a new credit?

I've been curious about this with a lot of rides.

For example, when Chiller was reprofiled, I personally would have counted the modification as a new coaster if I had ridden the ride's original design.

Also, if a coaster is simply renamed, does it count as a new credit?

I'm hoping someone can answer me this question, as I have been curious about the answer for some time now.

I would consider it one ride. If Medusa was renamed and theamed different, it would still be the same ride. What I was wondering, on the racing roller coasters like Lightning Racer (Hershey), Batman and Robin:The Chiller, and Rolling Thunder, would it be comsidered two rides because they are on two seperate tracks?

I always considerd Chiller as two rides, and the same goes for Rolling Thunder. Only because they are diffrent layout's. If a ride has two identical side by side layout's, I would call it one ride, double the capacity. But that is just my opinion, RCDB consider's them both one ride, with two track's.

I don't think I would count Medusa's Re-Theme as a "new" attraction. (even though the Park is) Yes, it will (hopefully) have a major re-theme, but it is still the same ride, as far as layout. The Park's Coaster count stay's the same, and it's not a removal and replacement. I think we need to make a new category for re-theme's on a Coaster. What was the general consensus when they removed the loop from Son Of Beast? That was a Major layout change, but it wasn't a "plussing" of a ride like, X-2, Medusa, and Superman, If anything it was a "minusing". Maybe we need to start refering to them as "Classic", and "Enhanced", design's.

I would not count the new version of Medusa as a new roller coaster credit since it will be the same track. I do count twin track coasters as two rides. Rides that have been modded like Chiller was I would not count as a new credit.

So once I ride the new Medusa, how will I add to my coaster count if it isn't called Medusa anymore?

It seems wrong to add to my ride count for Medusa if it isn't Medusa anymore.

I can't resist :D , like this:

I've ridden 58* coasters. I want more.

Edited by CablesEric

• 3 weeks later...

Sure the track will be the same, but the elements in it will be different. The ride is supposed to be a new experience. If it was just a name change n a paint job then don't add it, but since it wont be EXACTLY the same as before, maybe you should. Just a thought