VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Hurricane Harbor updates for 2009

29yrswithaGApass

Two new food establishments are coming to Hurricane Harbor in 2009!

thumb_johnnyrockets.jpg

Beat the line at Johnny Rockets and come here to enjoy shakes, fries, or onion rings. (Near the Wave Pool)

Ted’s Cheesesteaks -

Grab an authentic Philly cheesesteak or some delicious cheese fries at Ted’s Cheesesteaks. (On Island Village)

• 2 months later...

I just heard you can now Rent Tubes for the Wave pool. That sounds like it will be problem when it gets really crowded in there. I can already picture how much space all those Tubes will take up, And if someone is Swimming Underwater and tries to come up in a bunch of Tubes, good luck.

^ Wasn't being able to use it in the wave pool always one of the main points of renting a tube? Unless I'm thinking of another water park.

On that note, I hope they got more non-rental tubes this year (or staffed the tube areas at the slide towers . . . like that would ever happen). The chaotic scramble for tubes at the bottom of the slides last year was totally ridiculous.

So according to the updates from this weekend, Hurricane Harbor has a season pass coupon book for the first time ever. I know that there's at least one bring a friend free coupon because it was advertised on the website, but what else is in it?

The coupons include:

Bring a Friend for $14.99 (Mon-Fri in July)

Bring a Friend for Half Price (any day through Aug 14)

Bring a Friend for $9.99 (Sept 12 or 13)

Any Month Monday Madness - Buy one get one (retail) - 2 coupons

Buy a Featured Patriotic Shirt for $5 (June 15 to July 30th)

Save $5 off any Six Flags Branded Hat

15% off Retail Photo Purchase

20% off Aqua Shoes Purchase after 4PM

Free Upgrade from a Gold to Platinum Cabana

Buy One Get One Free Tube Rental - 2 coupons

$3 off the purchase of a 2009 Sports Bottle

Free Jumbo Cookie with the purchase of any Family Meal Deal

1/2 off 2nd sausage sandwich when you purchase one sandwich and large soda

1/2 off 2nd funnel cake when you purchase one funnel cake and large soda

Free Fries when you purchase one cheese steak and large soda

Spend $25 or more and receive a coupon for 1/2 off a funnel cake

Visit the Global Gourmet inside the theme park and receive half off 2nd entree when you purchase one entree and a large soda

The area to the right of "Big Bamboo" (#7) looks to be fine spot for something new next year. That is where I thought something new would have been this Season.

Most of that is offices for cash control and such. Nothing can go there. The area inbetween 4 and 5 is good as harry mentioned.

The coupons include:

Bring a Friend for $14.99 (Mon-Fri in July)

Bring a Friend for Half Price (any day through Aug 14)

Bring a Friend for $9.99 (Sept 12 or 13)

Any Month Monday Madness - Buy one get one (retail) - 2 coupons

Buy a Featured Patriotic Shirt for $5 (June 15 to July 30th)

Save $5 off any Six Flags Branded Hat

15% off Retail Photo Purchase

20% off Aqua Shoes Purchase after 4PM

Free Upgrade from a Gold to Platinum Cabana

Buy One Get One Free Tube Rental - 2 coupons

$3 off the purchase of a 2009 Sports Bottle

Free Jumbo Cookie with the purchase of any Family Meal Deal

1/2 off 2nd sausage sandwich when you purchase one sandwich and large soda

1/2 off 2nd funnel cake when you purchase one funnel cake and large soda

Free Fries when you purchase one cheese steak and large soda

Spend $25 or more and receive a coupon for 1/2 off a funnel cake

Visit the Global Gourmet inside the theme park and receive half off 2nd entree when you purchase one entree and a large soda

Just realized there was no BAFF in there. The park site is promoting it on this page: http://www.sixflags.com/hurricaneHarborNJ/...seasonpass.aspx

"Pick up your Passholder Value Book on your first visit and get a free friend ticket to use on select days."

Was there a separate coupon, or did you omit one that was in the book?

Most of that is offices for cash control and such. Nothing can go there. The area inbetween 4 and 5 is good as harry mentioned.

What kind of building are there. Maybe something long like a family raft slide could be build over them.

When was the last time the water park got anything?

2001, that was when the hurricane slides were put in. I don't expect any new slides being installed anytime soon with the park claiming they can't hire enough people.

Edited by The Master

2001, that was when the hurricane slides were put in. I don't expect any new slides being installed anytime soon with the park claiming they can't hire enough people.

Do you mean lifeguards or regular workers? Mark Shapiro mentioned at the end of the last quarterly corporate conference call that Great Adventure had enough applicants this year that they could back-fill each seasonal worker if they decided to leave.

^ Me too! And I'm getting my free friend ticket, no matter how much time I have to spend at GR. It's very clearly advertised as a reason to buy the pass on their site. Regardless of the headache that that will be, I'm really excited for a nice, relaxing day in the tropics!

Do you mean lifeguards or regular workers? Mark Shapiro mentioned at the end of the last quarterly corporate conference call that Great Adventure had enough applicants this year that they could back-fill each seasonal worker if they decided to leave.

Well I have always heard for years that GAdv has had a hard time staffing their rides and was one of the causes of the removal of the WOL rides. I even think someone here said that HH put an even further strain on GAdv's staffing issues. This is the first time I have heard different.

Edited by The Master

Well I have always heard for years that GAdv has had a hard time staffing their rides including from you guys. This is the first time I have heard different.

That is true, we have often heard (and said that). This year, with the sucky economy, I guess things are much different as more and more people are searching for work.

I just wasn't sure if you meant there was a shortage of certified lifeguards still. I always heard that was an issue and would imagine that hasn't changed much.

^ How could the park have an issue staffing rides any more than staffing games, food, etc? Lifeguards I understand, since they are generally a smarter, higher class of employee, but I think any plain rides staffing issues have a lot more to do with profit margins than inability to find people. One of the biggest insults of the Premier days was that as you walked through the park when half of the rides were closed, every single game stand would be open--that's just where the company's priorities were (and are still, but they do a better job running the parks now so it's far more tolerable).

If the lifeguard situation is true, though, I'd much rather see the attractions we have remain adequately staffed (the one lifeguard for six slides you sometimes see is totally ridiculous) than see a new ride or tower added and the staff spread too thinly.

Edited by pashacar