VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Fright Fest 2009

It seemed like a really good opening night overall. Not too crowded and once the threat of the storm passed, everything was running at capacity. It seemed like the park was better prepared this season than in the past, with everything well staffed and setup. There were a couple of hiccups, but nothing terrible.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DMP was more polished than I have EVER seen it; it was phenomenal...

The Ghoulmaster, though, has jumped the shark. He's a very talented dancer, but seeing him periodically lip-sync to Michael Jackson takes the seriousness & mystery out of the once-mute & brooding ringmaster...

^ Hasn't he always been a Michael Jackson impersonator or something?

Yes, that's what he does outside of GA...

Very glad to hear they were so prepared and did DMP right for its 10th Anniversary.

Part of the show's success this year is the new Doctor Fright: the wiry actor is an excellent showman, and the character has been given a much more fitting appearance...

I had an outstanding time last night! :) I got scared, but not enough. Did you guys see the singing opera man near the Grandstand? He was neat. The crowds were perfect, and yes, once the storm passed, it was fine. Just one question... Have you guys tried the Assylum or Demented Forest? I want to know what it is like, and if it is worth the extra 5 dollars...

how where the trails?

I thought the trails this year were really good... much better than last year. Both seemed to longer, especially The Asylum. The walkways are much narrower allowing for more of a maze. There were more props and more actors this year as well as some "dead" ends which made you turn around and back track through the maze.

Demented Forest's big plus is that it is set in the woods so that adds to the mystery being that it is really dark back there.

gallery_2_43_571280.jpg

There's an added surprise in Demented Forest. I won't give it away but here is a photo!

gallery_2_43_599096.jpg

^ You travel through with about 10 other people so it cuts down on the fear factor. I would suggest you do the Asylum first and see how that goes before you do the Demented Forest. The Asylum is brighter and there aren't many places for the ghouls to hide compared to the dark woods of the Forest.