VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Kingda Ka Now Re-Opened

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to park maint reports today, they have finished the major overhaul on ka'[s launch hydraulic system and there planning on testing very soon, i had mentioned that i was planning to come to park on monday and they said that it may still be under test. Has anyone seen any launches today?

According to park maint reports today, they have finished the major overhaul on ka'[s launch hydraulic system and there planning on testing very soon, i had mentioned that i was planning to come to park on monday and they said that it may still be under test. Has anyone seen any launches today?

Around noon time yesterday (or a little before) they tested it twice. I heard that the day before they had successfully run it through 148 cycles.

They were having dispatch problems for quite a few hours today. I got on line at 4:45 and until around 5:30 there were very long waits between dispatches, anywhere between 4-8 minutes. Then they started going normal, which was good. I got a great color today waiting on line for Kingda Ka! I'm like Larry the Lobster!

I can't see Gadv removing any of our coasters except for RT. If they take Gasm out that is a big spot to fill. I don't want to see it go because a few million dollars on Carolina Cobra trains isn't much of an investment. Imagine Gasm....smooth. It's a monster now but as a smooth enjoyable 173 ft. beast...words going to spread.

A few million dollars may not seem a lot as compared to the cost of modern coasters, but I doubt anyone could justify spending a few million dollars for repairs to a ride that only cost $6.8M in the first place. I don't think the trains are the problem on the Scream Machine -- it's the transitions. I rode Viper at Magic Mountain this past spring, and it was great... the trains are the same, but the transitions between elements were refined so they weren't so jerky. (Note: I still hope the Scream Machine never gets removed.)

I can't see them removing Rolling Thunder -- every park seems to have a semi-"classic" woodie from the '70s, and they all seem to still be running relatively well. As rough as RT seems, it's smooth as silk as compared to the woodies that they were building in the '90s. Wildcat at Hersheypark and Hurler at Kings Dominion are two examples that I have vowed to never ride again for fear that they'd shatter my spine!

Speaking of GASM, what's with all those horrible ads that abound on huge signs? I mean, sure, you can advertise, but don't make them so abundant and big... And don't ruin the patriotic color scheme by replacing the blue train with one decorated in an advertisement!

Unbelieveably, the white train (Liberty) had been covered with advertisment decals for 2go, and the words "Liberty" have been painted over with white paint but are still visible.

The Red Train too is Covered in "2go"

I rode the Red Train on tuesday and it wasn't covered with 2go. Just the white train.

could they have decalled it overnight, meaning I rode on the red train the last day of

it's original appearance??

I'd been on Wildcat and it wasn't that bad.

wildcat isnt bad at all.somebody behind me in line said it was #3 roughest coaster. the hurler, in fact all the woodies at kings dominion were pretty bad. if u want a rought coaster, try the 1 at clementon park. whatever it's called now.