VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Serial Thriller on the move

Track movement was mentioned on Screamscape several days ago and after several years in storage at the Great Escape, it seems like the Vekoma suspended looping coaster that was tucked away backstage there may be heading further north to LaRonde. According to GECentral:

Just talked to my contact at the park...

He said the ride was never intended to be used at TGE. The ride is in fact being shipped away. And, it's being shipped to La Ronde.

Serial Thriller would join Vampire, their other inverted coaster which is a mirror-image of our Batman The Ride.

This may be the start of Six Flags repositioning rides for their 50th Annniversary where each park will see a new attraction for 2011.

I heard this rumor last year from some reps up at The Great Escape. I thought they were just pulling my leg....but even at La Ronde, there have been rumors about a Vekoma invert, but from what I've heard, it would be a family. I think getting a re-located SLC is one of the worst ideas of I've ever heard. Even for La Ronde's standards...

Though, just because the track is going there, doesn't mean the ride will be built there

I wonder if they are considering adding it La Ronde rather than storage since after people rode a SLC and then Vampire, no one would want to ride the SLC a 2nd time but it would help make lines shorter which appears to be a constant problem with the park.

It also seems strange they just didn't add it to TGE