VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2010 Speculation

southview2

Question is how dose SFI see SFGAdv. If they look at it as a property. with a new slide goign to HH it's not likely the dry park will get anything. Relocating existing rides, or reopening an existing area woudl be marketable. especially is the reopened area changed themes a bit.

i think a great place to stic the musik express would be out near the log flume maybe where the teepee was or even if its under the hill for the runaway train that section lacs rides worse than any other part of the park, and i wouldnt mind seeing the autobahn around the big wheel some where.

Musik Express and/or Autobahn being relocated would be amazing for the theme park in 2010. 2 *new* flats would be great. Hopefully this does happen because many wouldn't mind riding Musik Express. Autobahn with a nice cycle would be fun too. I can see Musik Express in Evolution's old spot. It would be a hit with the lights near Grannys and all. Autobahn should be moved to the back of MovieTown and themed to Fender Bender...again.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems SFNE will be seeing little to nothing in 2010. So with the water park getting a slide teh Dry park likely won't be seeing anything. Though the Music express, Autobahn and Hayride returning are all cheap additions that would do a lot.

Musik Express and/or Autobahn being relocated would be amazing for the theme park in 2010. 2 *new* flats would be great. Hopefully this does happen because many wouldn't mind riding Musik Express. Autobahn with a nice cycle would be fun too. I can see Musik Express in Evolution's old spot. It would be a hit with the lights near Grannys and all. Autobahn should be moved to the back of MovieTown and themed to Fender Bender...again.

I would like to see these two rides open, but the best idea is to REOPEN OLD COUNTRY!

I don't even care so much about the rides, but I also desperately wish they would REOPEN OLD COUNTRY!! Why? Because it makes it so much more of a hassle to get around the park without that thoroughfare!!

I couldn't care less what they theme it to or what they put in, I just wish they would reopen the pathway so that guests can get around the park more easily. Let them put a Giant Frisbee or Drop Tower (or Dark Ride!!) in Chiller's/Autobahn's/ME's/Freefall's old spot and fill the area with food stands and games to ensure that they're making money off of keeping it open. Create a second, smaller gaming midway for all I care, as long as it's open for guests' use. Right now Movietown is a dead end and it's an absolutely enormous hassle to get to the Picnic Grove and Showcase Theater. Plus it's just depressing to see what was once a hugely busy, thriving area of the park look like a depressing ghost town.

I understand that the cabanas block off the area and might be a monetary draw for the park, but they can easily be moved elsewhere (and would make far more sense elsewhere too - how about next to Fort Independence and overlooking the Great Lake? Plus there they'd get everyone buying a Flash Pass--i.e. all the guests who are clearly interested in premium services--to see the cabana offer immediately upon exiting the rental center).

Given that they closed the area strictly to save funds, the park would obviously look to reopen the area only if it could make them money in a new way. What about bringing the Old Country concept back to life in a new way: creating a "Craftsman's Valley" attraction similar to the Frontier Trail at Cedar Point? They could create a backwoods, old-fashioned feel and build some cheap shacks for different types of craftsmen--blacksmiths, wood carvers, candle makers, glassblowers, etc.--to display their trades and then sell their wares at a profit to the park. This would be something that Great Adventure doesn't offer anything like, and I think would be well-received with the new, much more family-based demographic coming to the park in recent years.

The bottom line is that I hope to see the Old Country path reopened, but perhaps a Craftsman's Valley-type attraction is the best way to do this, as it would require a small capital investment and bring in lots of new revenue for the park, all while broadening its family-friendly offerings on a level where no local parks can compete.

Edited by pashacar

I think we'll see a continuation of the maintenance that's been deferred: phase 2 of the carousel, perhaps some love shown to the Fort or Yum-Yum Palace, maybe LED's for Gingerbread Fancy... I'd like to see the park continue to refurbish what they've got before making real changes...

I think we'll see a continuation of the maintenance that's been deferred: phase 2 of the carousel, perhaps some love shown to the Fort or Yum-Yum Palace, maybe LED's for Gingerbread Fancy... I'd like to see the park continue to refurbish what they've got before making real changes...

I'd love to see them change the names back to Yum Yum Palace and Gingerbread Fancy.

quote from Screamscape.com

Park News - (11/3/09) I’ve been sent a rumor claiming that over the off-season, the park may perform some kind of major refurbishment to the Fort Independence structure that is home to the Runaway Mine Train as well as the Skyway station.

Isn't Fort Independence the Dolphin Show arena?

quote from Screamscape.com

Park News - (11/3/09) I've been sent a rumor claiming that over the off-season, the park may perform some kind of major refurbishment to the Fort Independence structure that is home to the Runaway Mine Train as well as the Skyway station.

Isn't Fort Independence the Dolphin Show arena?

Yup, I caught that too. Makes you wonder which one they're actually referring to...

i think the park could use old country when the park is super busy, all they would need to do is get the stores stocked and a few people trained to operate the rides and i the busy summer days open that section up, kinda like what they had planned for when they wanted to move swiss bob to the shockwave site

I'd love to see them change the names back to Yum Yum Palace and Gingerbread Fancy.

I would love to see that too! Those names were perfect for those two restaurants.

FYI, We will be doing Spotlights on Gingerbread Fancy and the Best of the West BBQ before the end of the year. Yum Yum Palace's is already available.