VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Crowds

Great Adventurer

So, Six Flags Great Adventure has become a widely known theme park over the years, and the crowds certainly show it. However, there are some times (I've heard around May) when the crowds are substantially smaller, especially on the weekends. I've been thinking of taking some friends and I'd like to go on a lot of big ticket rides, which times would you recommend going?

• 3 weeks later...

Defaintely around opening weekend up until June when schools are out for the summer are the best times. I do have to say though that last season it was very rare that it seemed overly crowded in the park at any given time (excluding Fright Fest). I think that the decreased downtime for all of the rides in the park has actually made the crowds at the park seem slightly smaller because there are consistently more options for patrons to partake in at any given time. I do not believe that any of the days I went in 2007 seemed too crowded all the way through the end of the summer season in September.

I will say, crowds were no where what they used to be since I started back in 2005... very dissapointing in some ways.

That would be because of the Kingda Ka mania. 2005 was the last time I went myself!

• 2 weeks later...

The lines for Kingda Ka were slightly insanse, but also could have been made a lot better had it been operating properly the whole time, with much less downtime. As sad as it is, however, I think I waited longer to get on Viper when it first opened than I did for Kingda Ka in 2005. When I look back on it, what a fool I truly was haha.

I've never actually been to Hurricane Harbor in all the years it has been open. I usually just let some of the water rides keep me cooled down a bit and just take my time moving around the park. I am more of a summer person so I don't mind the heat and humidity too much. Although it can sometimes even get bad by my standards.

I am a summer person too but the main thing is the lines can get pretty bad in the summer at GAdv and now with only two water rides. On a real hot day HH makes more sense.

Edited by The Master

You make a very good point. The recent (past few years) rash of water rides closing in the the park does make Hurricane Harbor seem like the better option. Heck maybe that was part of the plan all along when considering which rides to scrap. At some point I will get over to Hurricane Harbor, as I do enjoy water parks. I guess I just either haven't felt the urge to go yet for some reason. Perhaps this year with basically only the Log Flume and Congo Rapids running, I will give it a shot.