VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags and 5D Announce Agreement

gafreak

Six Flags, 5D Announce Attraction Agreement

On Tuesday, 5D International (Booth #5503) announced an agreement with Six Flags Inc. to bring its first 5-D attraction to the United States.

Andreas Kornprobst, art and media producer for 5D, said he cannot discuss any particulars of the deal at this time—what type of attraction it will be, which park it will go into, when it will open, etc.—but confirmed it will be an anchor attraction as part of Six Flags’ 50th anniversary celebration in 2010.

“We’re very glad Six Flags joined us in a press release for IAAPA [Attractions Expo], as this is the event of the year—the most important show,” he said.

I've heard of 2d, 3d, and 4d, all of which I've seen. I have no idea what the heck 5d could possibly mean. My only idea is all togeter it contains 3D images, movement, effects (water, smells, etc.), and possibly actors. Also, this could mean that the screen is enlarged or surrounding the visitor...

Why GAM? There getting Chang- I think this is either coming our way or maybe to SFKK to replace Chang. I think the chances of it going to SFMM are limited cuz for one, right now their more worried about reclaiming the caster crown , and also I read a while ago that SF's strategy to sucess in the Californian market is thorugh generic theme park rides cuxz they leave all the unique and ground breaking stuff to Disneyland. Since Disney is a major tourist destination, that makes a SF type park with just run of the mill coasters and flats rare. I REALLY HOPE IT COMES OUR WAY!

I don't know about anyone else, but I would like to see Great Adventure get more flat and thrill rides, a few dark rides, and less coasters. A park with only coasters is just rong. And coaster dosn't make GA a park, it just makes it a cluster of coaster, paths and shops!

Why GAM? There getting Chang- I think this is either coming our way or maybe to SFKK to replace Chang. I think the chances of it going to SFMM are limited cuz for one, right now their more worried about reclaiming the caster crown , and also I read a while ago that SF's strategy to sucess in the Californian market is thorugh generic theme park rides cuxz they leave all the unique and ground breaking stuff to Disneyland. Since Disney is a major tourist destination, that makes a SF type park with just run of the mill coasters and flats rare. I REALLY HOPE IT COMES OUR WAY!

They have the Pictorium building which I would guess would be perfect for the attraction.

Disneyland and SFMM are pretty far apart, they are at the opposite ends of the LA area. It would be like driving from SFGAdv to Hershey Park with traffic jams. SFMM does not have a sim theater like GAdv, GAm, and KK have.

Edited by The Master