VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 12- Add an On-Site Hotel

• 2 weeks later...

This should be the full year part of the park. As long as it makes money, it would do just fine. Although, GA aready has a waterpark so I can only see it being more of a hotel with aracades and shows. Also, inside there'd have to be small thrill rides and coasters. Where would this go?

-Didn't mean to post 3 times, sorry!-

Edited by ThemeParkRider

Considering Great Adventure's drawing abilities, a seasonally operated hotel can be successful. Despite being open for approximately 7 months, Great Adventure remains a bigger draw than Magic Mountain, the Texas Parks, and Six Flags Over Georgia (and their longer operating schedules). Had Premier Parks maintained ownership, the hotel would have been built. The key is to construct in phases. Estimate a conservative occupancy number, and build on from there. You could also seek a partnership with a chain operator to offset costs (and keep a buyout close in case of success). Perhaps if Great Adventure had a larger source to generate revenue from, the $1 locker fees would have not been needed. See the Universal Orlando Model (but implemented on a far more meager scale). Sadly, Red Zone never really detailed a plan to GROW this company, had they been successful retiring the debt.

This has been stuck in development hell for the past 35 years and unfortunately Six Flags, especially right now, is just not in any state right now to be doing anything this big for us. Plus they have to worry about where specifically to place this, how big it would be, how many employees would have to be hired or relocated from the park, and many other things. But I bet that everyone on this forum wants this and hey, there's always 2011! :D

Edited by nbadude44

They should have a hotel closer to the park than the crappy ones up the turnpike! It really sucked to stay that far away this summer when I came to visit the park. You would think having one off the Parkway would draw year round . Travelers would have a place to stay and actually discover Great Adventure . Alot of traffic runs up and down that road and it would be profitable.

Edited by Gary Hill

• 5 months later...
Ya this is another wish that we will never see happen anytime soon, unless global warming happens faster and the park can be open all year round

I can see this happening. It was the plan when GADV was being turned into a destination before Shapiro took over. Now, I'd say we should add some well-liked new big coasters and more flats and shows first, but theme park junkies will be happy to stay one night at this hotel, and be able to hit HH, the park, and the safari before they leave. I mean, what's there to do in Lake George other than The Great Escape, other than look at lakes?