VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Photo Trip Report: January 26th, 2010

29yrswithaGApass

We had the privilege of dropping by the park today thanks to the fantastic GA PR team! Be sure to check out our Member Exclusive Photos for a bunch of photos of the stuff going on around the park. Here are a couple of samples....

Oh, and to calm anyone concerned, Twister and Fantasy Fling are being rehabbed, not removed!

gallery_2_43_109958.jpg

gallery_2_43_325939.jpg

this is great to see SF spending on truly need paint, it helps the park look cleen, in the pics of the sky ride are they recabling it also or just painting?also whats going on with the mini golf building? and im also very happy to here that the park isnt removing and there rehabing!

Skyride is getting much needed paint as well as some rehab work. They had the drive motor apart on the B side while we were there, and the one tower looked like it was getting the rollers rehabbed as well.

Something new is coming to the Mini Golf building, but we're not sure what.

The two buildings in mainstreet that were painted look out of place now. Is it just me?

Yeah, what happened to the Colonial theme? It's not like we need any more areas of the park to feel like an outdoor mall.

Also, just wondering, are those blue accents on the boardwalk games new?

Edited by pashacar

There is a LOT more painting going to happen...I think it will all work well together when it's done

Building wise or ride wise?

Yeah, what happened to the Colonial theme? It's not like we need any more areas of the park to feel like an outdoor mall.

Also, just wondering, are those blue accents on the boardwalk games new?

I'm a little upset to because I liked the Colonial Theme but the park does need color. The aqua-marine color on the games look nice. Boardwalk is going to be full of color.

Yesterday the restrooms near Jolly Roger were also being painted and the Nitro Grille's being changed to a New England themed eatery. With more to come, even in the dead of winter the park looked bright and refreshed.

On a different topic, it is nice to see that the new trees on Main Street are getting pretty big.

gallery_2_236_361691.jpg

I'm happy to hear that Nitro Grille is being re-themed. It gets virtually no customers (I would know, I worked at the dipping dots across from it) so now it should be a nice place to eat after Nitro. I know I'll grab a bite opening day and judge it accordingly.

The bathroom near Jolly Roger didn't really need paint but if the park has it why not use it.