VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

What if...

GAcoaster

Ever since putting together the spotlight on the proposed entrance plaza, I've been thinking "What would have happened if they had built that plaza?" and "What would the park be like today?".

My thought is that the new entrance plaza along with a name change for the park could have been a real game changer and gone a long way to gain back customer confidence. At the time, "the theme is fun" was the president's answer when asked where the theme elements that make it a "theme park" were, and that would have contributed to making it a more generic but spectacular entrance plaza. It would probably look very dated now, but I just picture it being dated like EPCOT where it's still interesting and impressive even if it does look dated.

Thank goodness the Time Warner years were right around the corner and brought the park back from the brink, but it would have been interesting to see.

I would have loved the entrance plaza. Look at Disney's philosophy-the entrances to the MAgic Kingdom are the "opening credits" of the park, not part of the park. Thats what the new entrance would have been. it would have been very unique and a great beginning to a great day.

In my opinion, on the name change, I would like Six flags to build a hotel/indoor water park(great escape lodge esq.), buy the Jackson outlets and incorporate them into somethin called the Six Flags resort and call the park itself Great Adveture.

I don't think dated is a bad thing, alot of the problems I have with EPCOT are the changes since many of them were not that good. Changing the name and entrance plaza would not have done much of anything. GAdv may have started out as a themepark but it was reverted into a amusment park and has flip-flopped ever since.