VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Whirl Helicopter Signs Deal with Six Flags

29yrswithaGApass

Whirl Helicopter Signs Deal with Six Flags

Source: PR Web

March 30, 2010

Whirl Helicopter has signed a multi-year deal with Six Flags to provide park rides in it's Atlanta, New Jersey and Los Angeles theme parks. The ride, appropriately named "The Dragonfly," will hold 3 persons and start at $25.00 per person.

Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) March 30, 2010 -- Whirl Helicopter has just signed a multi-year deal with Six Flags USA to provide helicopter rides in it's Atlanta, New Jersey, and Los Angeles theme parks. The "Dragonfly" makes it's maiden voyage in March with a $30 per person ride. Whirl, an Atlanta Helicopter Tour company, has created this program to be the most thrilling ride in all of Six Flags parks.

According to Ken Starnes, CEO of Whirl Helicopter, The Dragonfly is "500 Feet of Fun" and certainly affordable to anyone taking the ridge. "We wanted to create a product that appealed to people from 9 months to 99 years old." Given the 48-inch height requirement on most Six Flags rides, the Dragonfly is sure to be a popular attraction for everyone.

Whirl began serving Atlanta as an Atlanta Helicopter Tour business and continues to do helicopter rides at various parks, events, and county fairs. Whirl's stable of tours include the popular Downtown Tour, I Love Your Tour (great for engagements or anniversaries), and a Discovery flight where YOU take the controls.

Whir's helicopter pilots are fully certified with the Federal Aviation Administration and have thousands of hours of flight time. Whirl has a perfect safety record and takes extra measures to create a safe, yet fun environment.

WOW.... It will be so cool to be able to get flyover pics without having to rely on other people. I think that for 30 bucks it will be a smash. Now let's speculate where the landing pad will be in the park, I'm thinking that it's going to be somewhere near Old Country because it is easily seen from the main gate and its a fairly remote location. Now maybe the park will get Musick Express and the bumper cars open!

SFI can sign all the indemnity contracts they want it will not stop them form getting listed in a law suit and they will still have to pay a layer to show a judge the contract. $25-30 seems a bit steep to me. also With your average family at 4 people, a 3 seater ride won't be that appealing. Interesting idea though. doesn't La Ronda already have something like this.

I know at SFOG they are using the old gas station site which is at the far edge of the parking lot. I'm guessing they'll use the helipad in the Hurricane Harbor lot for this. That's where they have the windsock setup and they use it for VIP arrivals as well as for the mosquito spraying helicopter.

Where exactly would they take you and how long is the ride? There isn't much to see from the air that you can't already see from the rides. And viewing the pinelands from above isn't as exciting as it sounds. Ok it doesn't sound exciting.

DSC02976.JPG

I remeber seeing a helicopter fly over Gadv opening day. The launch pad would have to be a good number of feet away from guest because of the wind and force helicopters create...therefore I doubt it will be inside the park anywhere. The Koala Canyon old spot sounds like a good spot.

The helicopter is really small. They are fairly quiet and don't produce much wind.

So, its like the modern balloon ride? I'm terrified of tall heights, so I don't know how I get by on coasters, but it sounds fun for only $30.00. But, would it be a wait-in-line attraction of a reservaion thing. Because, that might cause some serious crowd issues...

They're marketing this as a "family attraction". It seems like a hard sell to a family that already had to pay admission to the park. I think season passholders will be the only takers.

I think it will also further detract from the atmosphere of the park to have helicopters taking off and landing in it.

I would much rather see a balloon ride.