VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 16- Bring Back A Season Pass Entrance/Parking Area

Our holiday wish for day 16:

SPEDay16.gif

Bring back a season pass entrance and parking area. It was one of the best perks of being a pass holder when you didn't have to wait in long lines with the day visitors who for some reason can't figure out how to remove metal objects and have their tickets ready BEFORE getting to the gate. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I can't tell you how many times I had a good laugh this year when my car was parked probably a whopping 20 feet from someone who had been suckered into paying for preferred parking, while I was in a regular parking lot. Just makes no sense to me at all really. My only real complaint this year with the parking was at the beginning of the season where they had credit card only lanes and then season passes and those paying in cash going to a different lane. It did get a little annoying having to sit behind someone paying for their parking for twenty minutes to then pull up, show my season pass, and go in in less than 5 seconds.

My only real complaint this year with the parking was at the beginning of the season where they had credit card only lanes and then season passes and those paying in cash going to a different lane. It did get a little annoying having to sit behind someone paying for their parking for twenty minutes to then pull up, show my season pass, and go in in less than 5 seconds.

Happens to me all the time too, why can't people have their money readly before hand?. That preferred parking is such a joke! I wish they would bring back the season pass parking and entrance, it was great when they where open.

Edited by The Master

Happens to me all the time too, why can't people have their money readly before hand?. That preferred parking is such a joke! I wish they would bring back the season pass parking and entrance, it was great when they where open.

I think the worst parts are when you see the person in front of you hand the parking attendant, usually a young kid (in terms of their workforce), a large bill because you know that they are not prepared to hand someone back the change yet. So that causes some serious delays. I was very happy that about midway through the season they began once again keeping lanes 1&2 dedicated to season parking pass holders, which cut down wait times, especially in the busier Fright Fest season.

The preferred parking is really a joke, and I don't think that anywhere you park in the lots (unless you are completely accross the main street) is too bad of a spot to park in for the normal rate. I can say that I got a little irked the first few visits when the attendants would always ask if I wanted to pay (I think something like $10) an extra fee to upgrade to preferred parking. Now I understand it's a way for them to make money and perhaps some people would like to do so, but after spending $45 for my season parking permit, I don't feel the need to spend any more money to park than I already have.

Really the season parking pass should be free with the season pass, it used to be years ago and parking is still free with other park's season passes, even Disney. At least what they should do is have a preferred parking pass area for free for season parking pass holders and day people can pay a upchage to park in their if they want to.

That's my feeling I mean with the amount we have to pay for the season pass pasrking we should really get an area inside that preferred section at least. But until they do it there is definately no way I am going to pay any more than I already have for parking somewhere in their lot.