VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags Lake George?

pashacar

I was looking at a PTR from Great Escape's opening day and noticed this picture of one of their new character meet and greet areas:

http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff128/s...current=022.jpg

As you can see, instead of having the Great Escape logo, it has the Six Flags logo and says "Lake George" where ours say "Great Adventure." Given that these were customized for each park, this could have easily put the Great Escape logo, so I'm wondering why they chose this instead, even over writing "Great Escape" under the Six Flags logo. It makes me wonder if the new management's first "flagging" might be on its way.

There's no reason to change the name from the Great Escape. I personally feel that if they were to change the name to have Six Flags in there, I'd go with Six Flags Great Escape. I have heard rumor of it being called Six Flags Adirondack...but that was in 2005

I think they nay be referring to the overall property as Six Flags Lake George rather than saying "The Great Escape & Splashwater Kingdom and Six Flags Great Escape Lodge". It's just like GA is sometimes referred to as "Six Flags New Jersey" to encompass all 3 parks, where calling it "Six Flags Great Adventure" really refers to the theme park.

I think they nay be referring to the overall property as Six Flags Lake George rather than saying "The Great Escape & Splashwater Kingdom and Six Flags Great Escape Lodge". It's just like GA is sometimes referred to as "Six Flags New Jersey" to encompass all 3 parks, where calling it "Six Flags Great Adventure" really refers to the theme park.

The thing is that our meet and greet areas still say the name of the theme park, and not that of the complex. Anyway, in the unlikely event of a flagging, I also prefer Six Flags Great Escape.

Like many of the "flagged" Premier Parks; "The Great Escape" is too small to be branded a proper Six Flags property. You either dilute the brand further to accommodate it, or spend ridiculous amounts of capital to bring it in line. The latter crippled Six Flags under Kieren Burke. "The Great Escape" would be better off branded and marketed as is for both the park and parent company.

Edited by Thunderbolt

I agree with you, but there is an argument for the other side. Six Flags can mean different things; look at SFFT, which has the best shows in the industry, or SFDK, where guests can spend all day with animals from land and sea. It could certainly extend to a smaller, fairytale-based park, even though it doesn't have many big coasters. In fact, I think it could help the brand to have a few thousand more people associate it with small coasters and family-friendliness rather than rowdy teens and thrill rides.

• 2 months later...

While I Don;t see it happening, if it was my call I would flag TGE and LA ronda. The company is fresh out of bankruptcy. looks like there moving forward if that add 2 Six flags parks to the family. The spin on marketing is priceless towards improving their failing namesake.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^ I agree. I thought the Looney Tunes wasn't very Great Escape anyway.

It wasn;t and I was not a big fan of it when they did add them. I did get the pull of the characters over a generic theme. Now that that they had then and lost them I feel a bit ripped off.