VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Halloween Events

29yrswithaGApass

Here is a video of 1996's Hayride to the Unknown - The Nightmare. The footage was shot in the daylight which makes the scenery a little easier to see but cuts down on the scare factor. Click below to view the hayride video:

This was the last year I went to a Fright Fest :-)

During the mid to late '90s the sailboat next to the Great Lake Grandstands became haunted for Fright Fest. Some seasons saw the addition of skeletons while others featured the Creature from the Black Lagoon. Click below to view a clip of this impressive Halloween prop.

FFGhostBoat.png

gallery_2_35_82830.jpg

Last night we did the Total Darkness indoor trail, having only been through it on opening day of FF this year. I was the lead on the rope. The light on our rope was super dim and we weren't ten feet inside the door when it totally went out. It is REALLY dark in there without ANY light. I was able to make it through by feeling along the wall and only went the wrong way (to a dead end) once. It really was TOTAL darkness.

• 10 months later...

Today I received the pinback below. It is the first piece of memorabilia in my entire collection that references Halloweekends from the 1970s. It is strange that even the press materials from those years rarely mentioned the event. My only recollection of it was hearing a radio ad for Halloweekends while checking out of a grocery store with my mom back way in the late '70s.

gallery_2_35_212043.jpg

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wonder what happened to all those great decorations and props the park used to have? GADV used to really go way out more in past years than in recent ones.

Edited by The Master

• 10 months later...

So, I recently visited the Great Adventure History Home Page and I saw all the updated stuff (which is amazing by the way, good job :D ) and i saw this photo on the bottom left, underneath the "History Timeline" link, with the cast of the Dead Man's Party's show. Now as a big fan of this show, I recognized it immediately, but it got me wondering.... which year was that photo taken? I wish to know :D 

SFGA%20FFEST%2050009%20OCT90.jpg

P.S. If no one knows or is not allowed to say anything, I completely understand ^-^ 

Thanks much! 

Edited by 29yrswithaGApass
Inserted photo.