VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Great Adventure's Next Coaster Name

29yrswithaGApass

A simple question...  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should Great Adventure's next roller coaster be named/themed to a Super Hero/Villain?

• Yes
    • No

I feel that naming a ride after a Super Hero/Villain will get more attention from the public. I doubt Superman will be as popular if it wasn't named/themed that way. Same thing with Batman the ride.

QUOTE(CoasterPrince @ Jul 12 2010, 05:04 PM) Whoa. Christian your the guy who created Illum Hills?! I used to read every update. Great park!

Yeah that was my first RCT3 park. I used to have so much free time that I would always have an update (I had storylines planned through Year 12) but I'm too busy now. I am working on it from time to time, so another update may be coming soon!

]

• 2 weeks later...

I'd have to agree -- no more superheroes! I don't really know that comic books really have the widespread appeal. It's not like you see people looking at diagrams of the superheroes and oohing-and-aahing over the description of their super powers or what's on their utility belt. Instead, I've heard way more people say, "What's with all the superheroes?"

Batman was totally different when it came out. It was something unique with a different feel and especially the different music. When you got on line for Batman, you were kind of stepping into a different world from the rest of the park. With 4 different coasters in the park, it's not so unique anymore. You could even play the ominous Batman music in any of those stations and I'll bet people wouldn't notice the difference.

They need to start theming their coasters to blend with the parks and not totally turn off adults. People will ride coasters regardless of what name or theme they have, if they are good.

You can have a great coaster with a great theme that blends with it's surroundings instead of a flouresent colored monstrocity that clashes with everything around it. Coasters are giant metal structures, it is not necessary to paint them load obnoxious colors to be noticed.

Take a lesson from Busch. They have great coasters that blend with the atmosphere. Riding the coasters is exciting because they add to the total experience, and since they blend with the atmosphere they do not ruin the park and turn off people who do not ride them. This is why Busch parks appeal to all age groups, from small children to senior citizens, and why the parks are so successful.

As long as Six Flags continues to go the "Thrill Park" route instead of "Theme Park", making everything superhero themed and painting everything loud obnoxious colors, they will continue to only attract teenagers and will never be successful.

1. Administrative Approval – Block: 3101 Lot: 11 – Six Flags Great Adventure is seeking administrative site plan approval to replace the existing Scream Machine attraction with a new Steel Roller Coaster

Chang? Why does it say new coaster I wonder? Anyways, there is a chance that we could find out the name then, but its a slim slim chance. The meeting is 8/2. Anyone plan on going?

http://www.jacksontwpnj.net/Townhall/Plann...da_08-02-10.pdf

• 4 weeks later...