VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

WDW It's a SMALL WORLD

warnerleroy

I just read that WDW's Small World is going to be closed down for refurbishment for two months. I am certainly aware that all theme park rides need matienance, but Disney ahs never closed Small world down for so long at the sumemr time except the year it was completely refurbished. This is gettinge me to think, is it possible that Disney characters are coming to WDW's small world like California and Hong Kong. After all(no pun intended), it coulkd only take two months to add a few pre-made audio animatronics to the ride. Small world is that advanced that it needs all that testing. They could be already build and just needing a swift installation, and by swift, I mean two months. maybe it's part of the new fantasyland? Still suspicious.....

I know all the buildings of the Magic Kingdom seem to be undergoing extensive repairs/refurbs right now (that's what the construction stuff is along Seven Seas Lagoon that you see from the monorail). The nearly 40 year old buildings are all leaking and in need of roof replacements and probably other infrastructure as well (AC, wiring, plumbing). I'm guessing they just need to do a LOT to that show building right now.

That time frame sounds like a major project. like GAcaoster mentioned. The character changeover woudl be a mater of a week of so. the character addition are in place of preexisting puppets. they are simply adding a Small world style puppet that looks like a disney character.

• 3 weeks later...