VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Bring back theming in BTR

MarioSonic94

Batman was not the most elaborately themed ride in the park. Though it does have a good amount of theming, it had nowhere near any of the theming of the coasters installed after it. If it was put head to head with rides built at the park after it opened, Viper, Chiller, Right Stuff, and Kingda Ka have it beat. But, I am a sucker for anything Batman related, so I do miss the junkyard and police car around the ride.

Thanks Harry. You and Tom are the best when it comes to the history of Great Adventure's rides, coasters, etc. When is the spotlight coming out? This along with the Batman Stunt Show are one of the spotlights I'm looking foward to the most.

Luis L.

• 2 weeks later...

When Batman first arrived, I thought the theming was phenomenal. I can remember standing on line and just looking around at the details which made Gotham City seem so awesome in the movie, be a few mere feet away from me. I still to this day love the Batmobile outside of the ride.

I think most of the theming got removed because it was in the way of repainting Batman. Also the old cashed cop car was in the way of the future Flashpass walkway. :(

Edited by The Master

It's too bad I never got to see any of the theming for myself. I wish I could've considering the first time I rode B:TR I waited over an hour and didn't have much theming to entertain.

All I remember was the batmobile, (that's been there forever anyways) The tunnel with a big fan and taking forever to go up the cramped stairs to the station, all the while being forced to listen to crappy rap music. Man, that free-a-leek crap was embedded deep in my cerebellum for a while after that, ugh! :PullHair:

• 5 weeks later...

When I get in line for Batman and see the line is down those stairs, I leave and look for another ride. Batman is a good ride but not good enough to wait on those steps! If you look you can see the park just painted right over the old gum on the walls, that's just gross. :puke: