VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

DisneyQuest Philadelphia.

The Master

I found some interesting articles about the ill fated 3rd DisneyQuest that was supposed to be built in Philadelphia.

http://www.specialtyretail.net/issues/january99/dqphilly.htm

http://www.dailypennsylvanian.com/node/20084

Edited by The Master

I was very disappointed it didn't open. It would have been a lot of fun to have something like that close (though for me it takes almost as long to drive to center city as it does to Great Adventure or Dorney) especially during the off season. I have never been to the one at Downtown Disney since I never wanted to give up park time and it seemed kind of expensive but if they offered an annual pass for the Philadelphia location I would have gotten it.

I never been to the Orlando Disney Quest either but it would have been nice to have one in Philly for the off season, but all we got was a big hole. The whole DisneyQuest thing never panned out the way Disney was hoping for. There have been rumors for years that the Orlando one will shut down. I think they were planning on Building 5 of them at first, one of them at Disneyland's Downtown Disney.

Edited by The Master

For the past ten years or so I've had a Premium WDW Annual Pass and it includes Disney Quest. I have only visited a handful of times though, usually if I am at Downtown Disney and it is raining. It really doesn't have that many things that are appealing to me and "must do's.". I don't think it has a high return visitors rate.

I went to the one in Chicago only once.... A lot of the same stuff.