VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Themed Areas You Would Like to See

coastercrazy

I'd like to see a Comic Book section, like Marvel Super Hero Island or DC Superheroes Adventure. I think this year would be a great opportunity to convert Boardwalk into this. They would simply get rid of all those games (well, some), and add some new, colorful, yet generic structures like "Store" or "Restaurant". The Parachutes could get some sort of villain theme, and same with Twister, and Superman and Green Lantern already go along with that. The Simulator Theater could get a new super hero themed attraction as well. Poor Bizarro would be left out, but oh well. (And B:TR and TDK's excuse will be the fact that they are related to specific MOVIES, hence their location in Movietown)

I'd also like to see more of a "County Fair" theme in the park. I think the East side of Fantasy Forest could easily be converted, along with an Antique Auto ride, Flying Wave, and the conversion of the Bowling and Mama Flora's building to more of an Americana theme. They could play carousel-ish music throughout the section, and give it more of a definite seperation from Lakefront, because right now the two areas sort of meld together.

quite honestly I'd like to see Movietown get rethemed to a HIGHLY THEMED, as in Disney or Universal, Gotham City area.

Though not really highly themed, theme "Nitroland" into a concept I call Adrenaland. Simply add an observation tower and theme the area to the ultimate party zone, like elecTRONica at DCA and everynight have a dance party an hour before park closing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It would be nice to see a Turn Of The Century theme. Celebrate the golden age of amusement parks from the 1900's through the 1930's.

They could have all the old style rides like Bumper cars, Tilt-A-Whirl, scrambler and flying swings in this area as well as other rides from that era that are updated to todays safety regulations.

And have the workers in that area dress in black slacks, white shirts, red vests, bow ties and those old style straw hats. Kinda like a barbershop quartet outfit.

I think that would be a cool throwback idea that would get people remembering where the amusement industry started.

• 3 months later...

I think Great Adventure simply needs more LOGICAL CONSISTANCY in thier themeing.Perfect example:the floorless coaster (which I have loved since day one) -located in FRONTIER ADVENTURES-started as MEDUSA and then was changed into BIZARRO dry.gif -WTF?!?!?The same thing goes for the so-called "Boardwalk" area:first the rides were getting pseudo-military sounding names(GASM,Parachute Training Center),and then they started adding superhero-themed rides :needsoap: !!!!