VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

What if.....

warnerleroy

As many of you know, SF has the right to maintain and receive licenses from Warner Brothers and Time Warner, this is why I was so surprised that Universal received the right to build a Harry Potter attraction! Of Course, it was probably do to money since SF did not have the money, experience, or resources to do something on the range of Wizarding World. Lets just dream for a second though that SF got the rights to use Harry Potter and decided to put them in GADV.

In this alternate universe, Six Flags decided not to build the entire Wizarding World, but only one attraction-Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. It would be located in the boardwalk in the former simulator building. erUPtion would be relocated and additional queue build in it's place. The sim theater, being a generic square building, would receive an inside-out makeover as Hogwarts. When visitors enter the queue, they are immediately transported through the halls of Hogwarts and enter Dumbledore's office, If any of you have ever been to Ripley's in AC, the same effect used to make Ripley appear would make Dumbledore appear. This portion would be the same as IOA,l were he explains your tour. Visitors are then lead into the current queue building, themed to the Hogwarts portrait hall, were, just like in IOA, the portraits interact with you. When you enter the pre show, you are now entering Severus Snape's potions classroom were he(same effect as Dumbledore) demonstrates a lesson in spells(special effects). After your lesson, just like at IOA, Potter, Ron, and Hermione appear(behind you) to tell you to come watch some quidditch outside. You them travel through a tunnel "outside"(theater) and take your seats at the stadium. Then something goes terribly wrong and your forced to join the quidditch match by getting on your "brooms" to help Harry. Just as it seems your about to win the game, Voldemort sends the dementors to find harry, but you (and Harry) escape to the forest to find Hagrid training hippogriffs for flight. Then the death eaters catch up with you and the only way to avoid them is with magic(special effects) You eventually land at the ministry of Magic, where Voldemort has come to cast the death spell on Potter once more. You escape, but Harry doesn't. As you look back at the ministry, you see a magical explosion and Harry flying with you back to Hogwarts. You return to Hogwarts to find that Gryffindor has won the quidditch tournament and the ride ends. The theatre would be themed to the quidditch field and boxes and have banners proclaim each house hanging from the ceiling. As you exit, you are going through another "tunnel" (in this case, the exit") that leads you to the old season pass processing center, which has become a gift shop, themed to Ollivander's in Hogsmeade village. So, what'd you think?

Edited by Up_Up_and_Away
EXCESSIVE spelling mistakes; please utilize a form of spell check.

While SF has an agreement with Warner, Warner doesn't own the right to HP, they are maintained by JK Rowling who is very protective of them. The rights have been sold to Universal for theme park attractions and as far as I know they have an exclusive agreement. Unless Six Flags was willing to spend the same kind of coin on a Harry Potter attraction and could get permission from Universal, Warner and JK Rowling, it would never happen.

I read somewhere that many theme parks approached J K Rowling for the rights to Harry Potter - I don't know which theme parks, but I wouldn't be surprised if Six Flags were among them. She finally gave them to Universal because she trusted them the most - and if you think about it, they really are the best choice.

Right now, I'm imagining a "Harry Potter World" at Great Adventure. Honeyduke's has been replaced by "mPorium", and there are ads for "Grown Ups" and "Karate Kid" all over Hogsmeade - not to mention the Johnny Rockets that has replaced The Three Broomsticks.

I think she made the right choice not to give the rights to Six Flags. ;P