VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

What was the first coaster you rode that turned you upside down?

29yrswithaGApass

• 5 months later...

Mine was lightning loops in early 80's (maybe 82 or 83), my daughter was sooperdooperlooper in Hershey in 2003 and my son was corkscrew at CP in 2007.

• 2 months later...

My first looping coaster was the Sooperdooperlooper at Hersheypark when I was 8 years old. I figured it wouldn't be bad since there was only one loop, but I was wrong. I didn't really enjoy it. Then when I was 13, I rode the Lochness Monster at Busch Gardens Williamsburg and loved it. The next week, my family and I went to Cedar Point and I rode loads of upsidedown coasters including Maverick. Ever since then, I've been hooked!

• 6 months later...

My first was also The Python at The Dark Continent, Busch Gardens, Tampa. If I'm not mistaken, it was the first of Arrow's standard corkscrew coasters to be built. The actual prototype for their corkscrew was The Corkscrew at Knott's Berry Farm which the Knott Family had moved to KBF from Arrow's Mountain View, CA headquarters.

FlumeOp1974... We must have been following each other, my first Schwartkopf loop coaster was also The Great American Revolution at Magic Mountain 1976.

Edited by Daved Thomson

None other than our own Medusa.

I am a huge fan of the Schwartzkopf loopers though myself, particularly SooperDooperLooper, the loop on that ride feels different to me for some reason than any other loop. It is hands down my favorite single loop on a coaster, it has just the right amount of Gs and speed when it goes through it in my opinion.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Mine was lightning loops in early 80's (maybe 82 or 83), my daughter was sooperdooperlooper in Hershey in 2003 and my son was corkscrew at CP in 2007.

I might be wrong now... I did ride The Revolution at Magic Mountain in the early 80's; but cannot pinpoint the exact year (again it was 1982 or 1983).

When I was a teenager my dad had to go to LA for a week once a year so that was our vacation. I might be able to narrow it down because it was the first year Free Fall was there and I knew I rode The Revolution and Free Fall that year.

GASM. And I ended up crying the whole time as I was in such pain. A huge Jersey gnat flew in my eye on the first loop and got stuck under my contact lens. Couldn't even enjoy the ride.

So I ended up getting back in line with my Dad and riding it again after I took out my contacts and out my glasses on ;-)

I'm still here aren't I? I was very tall for my age. Apparently since the ride attendants let me on they didn't exactly care about said "height requirements"

Funny enough that winter we took a trip to Florida and went to Islands of Adventure and I met the requirements for the Hulk coaster and Dueling Dragons. Thank you growth spurt ;)

• Like 1