VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Hurricane Harbor opens for the 2011 season!

A saturday before a holiday will be super crowded, hopefully they have fixed their inner tube shortage. It sucks they won't be open every day until the last week of June! All the other water parks like WWK will be open every day in June.

I'm surprised they aren't open during the week until that late. I would have thought by mid June they would be open daily. Also the 5:00 closings some days seems really early.

• 5 months later...

I don't like Hurricane harbor at all. Somebody else already mentioned it's dirty, but on top of that....the rules are completely stupid...ex: you are only allowed to go around once in the lazy river....unless you purchase a tube. If you wanna go to a good water park and amusment park....go to Holiday World and Splashin' Safari...it's awesome!! Also....Cedar Point if you just want an awesome amusement park. But I don't think Hurricane Harbor will ever be taken outta SFSL :(

you are only allowed to go around once in the lazy river....unless you purchase a tube. :(

HH hasn't done that in many years. You can go arond as many times as you want with a free tube, but the trick is getting one of the few free tubes. The current problem is that they have very few free tubes, so either you wait forever to get one, just walk though the river which is murder on your knees, or pay to rent a stupid tube.

Edited by The Master