VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Wild Safari: tour bus or car?

digidaze

I have a dilemma. My 8 year old car doesn't have A/C and I am planning a trip to the park and safari in July. I can't borrow or rent a car for the day.

So my question; Is there any difference between the tour bus experience and driving your car through the safari?

This season I would recommend the bus tour if you do the interactive one. It costs a few bucks more ($25 instead of $10) but you get a more in depth tour and get to feed the giraffes and tigers). If you really want to get the best pictures take a car so you can go at your own pace.

This season I would recommend the bus tour if you do the interactive one. It costs a few bucks more ($25 instead of $10) but you get a more in depth tour and get to feed the giraffes and tigers). If you really want to get the best pictures take a car so you can go at your own pace.

THanks

$25 or $10 isn't a problem. THe bottom line is I want to give my kids the best opportunity for a great safari experience and I don't want them to suffer in a hot car.

It sounds like the tour bus is the best option. I presume their is a some sort of park warden on the bus that informs the guests about the animals. When you say you can feed the giraffes and tigers what do you mean? My daughter would go out of her mind if she could feed a giraffe out of her hand.!!

Yep...the tour bus drivers know all about the animals and tell you about them as the go through. They often point out special things you might not notice on your own like the babies. The in-depth tour with the feedings is something that the kids will remember forever and generally the tours have fewer people on them than the standard tour so you get more one on one time with the animal experts for asking questions or getting to see special things.