VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Line Cutting

jonlee

I was in line today for NITRO. It was a very busy day. All rides had extremely long waits. The line for Nitro went maybe 5 rows into the queue section. I got in the row before it goes into the path, and a group of 7 opened the chain and just walked in front of everyone. I am one not to allow this. The guy behind me pulled out his cell and called security. On the way up to the ride, he called 2 more times. The group went on the ride and left the ride. Nothing was said to them and nothing was done about it. The guy and I filled out a report and talked to security. We were told that if it happens again they the group will be removed. It shouldn't have to happen again. What if they keep doing it and nobody else says anything? I love Great Adventure but they really dropped the ball on this one.

Sadly, this seems to go on a lot. Twice I have seen people cut in Superman and they were reported to the guards and both times nothing happened to the cutters. The group that reported the cutters were threatened by the cutters after security walked away. I have never seen anyone get in trouble for cutting in line and will not say anything to someone because it isn't worth taking a chance on getting hurt. Even though it's rare, you hear about how someone is assaulted for standing up to a line cutter. At Superman yet again, around 6 years ago on a site someone posted that they were hit because they refused to let a line cutter pass them.

How could security say if it happens again they will be removed? The guest code of conduct says if you cut the line, you get thrown out but like I said, I have never seen it. I think that the cutters know that they will get away with so they don't stop. They should get rid of the guards at the entrance and have them sitting in raised chairs in the queue like they used to.

Edited by Yoshi

It seems like lining cutting is a bigger problem this season than years past. With security guards stationed at the entrance to all the major rides that require lockers, they should also be put in charge of handing out tickets for the ride. If you get up to the ride and you don't have a ticket or it is out of sequence than NO RIDE. Plain and simple.

gallery_2_43_142924.jpg

If you get out of line you loose your spot.. no ride. Most people don't get out of line so it is easy to spot major jumps in the numbering.

BTW, this isn't my idea. It worked for years before it was discontinued for some unknown reason.

I got line cutters ejected from park when they cut on el toro. And they were giving out tickets then. it works! The guard asked to see their tickets and the tickets of the group in front of them and the numbers were way off. My wife said that because of these line cutters, she does not want to come back. We don't want that happening to other people too

My story was I was about to ride by myself in row #8 and I Noticed in Row #7 that there were only 3 People so I Asked an Attendant and Got on Before the Queue Gates Closed.

Your Superman Entrance is WAY BETTER than SFGAm.

I do that all the time if i'm there myself. I don't consider that line cutting. Green Lantern has a single rider line and they do that with the people in that line. Each train should be filled to max before leaving station.

Line cutting has always been bad at GADV, the park is between Philly and NYC and both have alot of nasty scumbags going to GADV. I have seen people jump over the chain link fence into Nitro's line. I remember one time for KK a line cutter just knocked me right down to the ground without any warning. There's also been line cutters who jumbed rows and stole my turn and the ride ops refused to do anything.

What annoys me most is the lack of action by security in this area, and in the area of profanity. Six Flags right now is NOT a family park. If you want to see a family park, go to Dorney or Hershey. I know they're trying, but one of the first things they need to do is stop people who are cursing and making rude gestures. I was line for Nitro and the woman behind me was cursing non-stop, and not to mention saying racial epithets and other very inappropriate things. We walked right past security, and no one did anything. I wouldn't want to bring my young children here.

Line jumping is definitely the worst. I really don't like when people get out of line and come back, or save spots for people. I mind less when 10 people are saving a spot for one person than when 1 person is saving a spot for 10 people. But the rules say that you can't save spots for people in line PERIOD, but no one seems to realize this. Security needs to step it up, and maybe these people will stop cutting, or even better, stop coming to the park.

Being a former employee,I can tell you all from experience that a majority of those who work at the park do not care about what guests do at the park.When I was a Lead I took my job seriously along with my friends/co-workers in Management and we did what we could but still it comes down to Security being called and dealing with it,Ride Ops has little power to do anything about cutting or any park rules that are being violated.

You can't really blame the Team Members though,they are getting paid minimum wage and a lot of minors (16,17 year olds and the first job for a lot)do you really think they want to risk end up having to defend themselves against a 30 year old gang member from NY/Philly that is threatening them or such?No.I was the same way when I started,16 going on 17 and the cons of enforcing something was not worth the pro's in those situations.Plus the paperwork that has to go along with it was a pain in the ass.

Last year at Nitro after I moved there from the Cables we dealt with A LOT of problems that you guys have all talked about.We did what we could,for example we would get done checking the train and wait for the train we sent out to clear the lift to dispatch,so we would monitor the line for any kind of line cutting.It worked and had plenty kicked out of the park.Other times people would get away with it and not because of us,but because Security would never show up to even do anything about it so basically what I'm saying is the people who are supposed to do the enforcing of the rules,don't do anything but hide when they can in A/C.I'm by no means saying that all of them are bad,because they're not,but some should not have jobs doing what they are doing and making the most starting pay then anybody in the park.Having them sit in line in those lifeguard chairs would definitely help and scare some cutters off,but to actually think the park would pay them to do that, not going to happen.They barely even let the ride operators sit down.

Oh and believe me,there is probably still plenty of tickets to be used on busy days.In the end,will Line Cutting ever go away?No.Can they help cut it down?Easily so.Will they do anything about it?Not anymore so than they're doing now.

Edit:If anyone ever has questions about working at the park,PM me and I would be more than happy to answer questions about what it's like or anything.