VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

ADVENTURE ALLEY - New for 2012!

GAcoaster

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There really isn't a lot they have to do to prep the ride sites. Even the Sky Screamer won't require too much foundation work. As for what else is happening, probably just some new paint on a few of the buildings, hopefully some rehab for Granny's lighting systems. Aside from the Sky Screamer, the rides coming can generally be setup in just a few days.

• 3 weeks later...

Another rumor posted on Screamscape:

(12/8/11) The latest rumors from SFGAdv claim that the park's old closed Bumper Cars seem to be likely coming back to life in 2012. The park may also be looking into possibly putting a new live show back into the former Batman Stunt Show theater. Will they go the Batman route again or try something new?
Edited by Up_Up_and_Away
Link added

Two lessons to remind people about with this rumor from Screamscape. There was also going to be a diving show in the Stunt Arena at one point, and plans can always change right up until opening day.

As soon as we get a confirmation one way or the other, we'll let you know.

Doubt it. I'm highly doubtful they've changed the plans and are reopening Autobahn...I think it's just some "confusion" on the part of a Screamscape source. The only way I could see this changing is if they discovered some problem with the site for the Sky Screamer and had to move it to the old Evolution pad where the bumper cars were going.

Today I was out by the park and saw a flatbed rig turn into the employee entrance carrying what looked to be heavy duty plywood for forms and some rather large pre-bent threaded rod; either the construction has started or they're preparing to start after the holidays. Also, the Batman Stunt Arena did have a banner for a short time promoting dive in the batman arena, but was removed after only about 3 days. Unfortunately, I cant find the sd card that had that picture on it - those micro sd phone cards seem to disappear once you remove them from your phone...

Edited by Up_Up_and_Away
Spelling, punctuation & capitalization.

• 1 month later...

GreatAdventureHistory has some new details about Great Adventure's additions for 2012!

- The entire area featuring all the new attractions and surrounding the Big Wheel will be known as Adventure Alley!

- The area from the Fountain west to the Carousel and Tea Cups will be considered Fantasy Forest.

- The official names of the new rides will be SkyScreamer, Fender Benders (bumper cars), Scambler, and Air Jumbo (elephants).

- Jersey Shore Souvenirs will now be Adventure Gifts.

- Fantasy Forest Games (the old Chicago Shootout) will now be Adventure Alley Games.

- Torandos Zone (the snack stand) will now be Adventure Alley Snacks.

- Granny's, Mama Flora's, and the Big Wheel names will remain.

- The gift shop next to the Big Wheel (Big Wheel Deals) is TBD.

- Turbo Bungy is being removed.

gallery_2_579_839439.jpg

I like it because it is Great ADVENTURE specific while also reminding me of one of the original park areas Goodtime Alley. Best of all, it doesn't have a single thing to do with Super Heroes!

Very true on both counts; I like that the area from the fountain to the carousel will still be known as "Fantasy Forest."

Funtime's SkyFlyer page mentions "Then the customers are treated to a series of ups and downs as they spin backwards and forwards."

Backwards? I wonder if the ride can be programmed to spin backwards or if that simply means the rider twist their swing backwards? Their video clip does have a few riders turning around. I am sure this would be much harder with two-person swings, as well as a no-no at the park.

Funtime's SkyFlyer page mentions "Then the customers are treated to a series of ups and downs as they spin backwards and forwards."

Backwards? I wonder if the ride can be programmed to spin backwards or if that simply means the rider twist their swing backwards? Their video clip does have a few riders turning around. I am sure this would be much harder with two-person swings, as well as a no-no at the park.

Even with the much shorter Wave Swingers you aren't allowed to twist the swings. GADV used to kick people off their old Wave Swinger for it.