VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

What is your favorite Company & Type of Coaster?

batmanrobinchiller

LIM coasters are garbage for the most part, AKA the chiller built by Premier, was hardley ever open and suffred more down time the KK, a B&M is the best, by far, but in its day Arrow was a good coaster co. As for B&Ms i think there seated is there best model to date, but there new wing coasters look awesome but they are early in their days. Chang is ten years old or so and still deleivers a fantastic ride, so hands down B&M is the besty manuf. of roller coasters.on that note, i think TOGO had the worst designs of any coaster manufaturer, ultra twister, viper, manhattan express in LV, the all beat you to the point of not wanting to ride them over and over.

Yeah LIM coasters aren't very reliable (Chiller). These rides have so many flaws that its so hard for the parks to maintain these rides. I love the LIM launched coasters. Its that unique ride experience that really makes the Chiller my most favorite ride. Horrible reliability, but great experience (in my opinion). B&M is the best hands down. Their smooth tracks through the inversions/up and down the hills are out of this world. The majority of Six Flags parks have B&M type coasters. Its Six Flag's staple manufacturing company. I have to agree with you that TOGO of Japan has the worst rides imaginable. (Viper and Ultra Twister) The two most uncomfortable rides (according to family members) ever created.

I have to agree with you that TOGO of Japan has the worst rides imaginable. (Viper and Ultra Twister) The two most uncomfortable rides (according to family members) ever created.

I somewhat agree with this, but not entirely. Viper was a really bad coaster. But Ultra Twisters aren't that bad. When I was in Japan back in 2006, I rode a bunch of Togo coasters, and I only experienced one bad one. It was Zola-7 at Fujikyu Highlands.

I have a soft spot for Schwarzkopf and Arrow coasters. But I do like B&M Inverts. For the most part, I feel Intamin and B&M are over rated.

Also prefer Wood over Steel.

-Dainan

Edited by CycloneMan

I somewhat agree with this, but not entirely. Viper was a really bad coaster. But Ultra Twisters aren't that bad. When I was in Japan back in 2006, I rode a bunch of Togo coasters, and I only experienced one bad one. It was Zola-7 at Fujikyu Highlands.

I have a soft spot for Schwarzkopf and Arrow coasters. But I do like B&M Inverts. For the most part, I feel Intamin and B&M are over rated.

Also prefer Wood over Steel.

-Dainan

Oh really? How was Ultra Twister?

Well Intamin and B&M have made a name for themselves for their coaster designs. These rides are all over theme/amusement parks (Cedar Point/Six Flags/etc). These rides satisfy the masses of thrill seekers with their air time/speed/smoothness, but I have to agree with you that most coaster fans are B&M/Intamin bias since these rides are the most apparent in the parks.

• 1 month later...

<div><div><div>I like Arrow non-inverteds; the crude track shaping and awkward bankings actually make for intense rides. Intamin's latest high-force tracks (I305, Maverick) are fun too. I generally hate corkscrews mostly because of their awfully uncomfortable car designs and the fact that the average B&M is two dozen times better. Mantis without the trim is epic.Precisely designed tracks (i.e. B&M and Intamin, GCI) versus crudely designed tracks (Arrow, Vekoma, many old woodies) both have their pros and cons. Crudely shaped tracks obviously tend to be rougher, but they also have less predictable forces that are more intense and sudden. The strength of modern track shaping lies in precision; a hill can be designed to sustain long and consistent ejector air and because of this precision, higher forces can be achieved. However, the advantage of an Arrow hill on an Arrow non-inverting ride over an Intamin camel back is the sheer intensity and suddenness of the negative G-force. You are suddenly and violently thrown upwards and the hill still sustains a varying negative force.In general, I suppose I don't really have a favorite. All the best tracks bring their own sort of thing to the table and you can't represent the best of coaster design with merely one track type.</div></div></div>

Edited by Flossie11

• 1 year later...