VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Universal Studios Florida Closing Jaws Attraction

GAcoaster

And, if the Simpsons is not popular, why do they run the show three times a day in most markets? Several times in the New York and Philly markets the reruns got dropped for other shows that were supposed to get better ratings and ended up going right back on because people still watch the show. Just because YOU think it's passed its prime doens't mean it is. People keep watching first run episodes as well as re-runs and it makes money.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And, if the Simpsons is not popular, why do they run the show three times a day in most markets? Several times in the New York and Philly markets the reruns got dropped for other shows that were supposed to get better ratings and ended up going right back on because people still watch the show. Just because YOU think it's passed its prime doens't mean it is. People keep watching first run episodes as well as re-runs and it makes money.

The show's ratings for first run episodes has dropped 19% over the past five years, down from 8.7 million viewers to 7.1 million. All the voice actors and everyone else involved in the show had to take a 30% paycut this past year to prolong the show to a 25th season. Fox has threaten to cancel the show many times now. Most fans agree that the show started to decline in season 10, not just "me". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Simpsons_(season_10)

29yrs, the show jumbed the shark back in season 11 :lol:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Simpsons_(season_11)

While the show still makes some money, it doesn't earn nearly as much as it used to. Also just because something isn't popular or not as much as it once was, does not mean it can't earn any money. However it's if the profit margin is enough to be worthwhile? and the paycut shows it's close to being not, at least in Fox's opinion. That is all I have to say about the Simpsons in this thread. One can agree or disagree with it all they want.

Finally, it seems I may have invariantly touched a few people's sore spots about The Simpsons, which I didn't mean to do and I am sorry if I did. But some other people here who will go nameless have brought up controversial statements that touched mine, and I am sure a few other's sore spots as well. So let's just end the argument about Simpsons, BTTF, and other old vs new franchises in Universal right now before it gets anymore heated and lead to something ugly.

Now to get back on topic,

While I think it's sad to see Jaws go, I can understand why being an expensive water ride to staff and maintain. I noticed that the water is pretty oily from the fuel for the fire effects, so maybe the EPA may have cracked down on the park for it in recent years? They have added a big white dischage pipe which I think is part of a retofitted filtering system to clean up the water better. Even though it was still popular when I was there last fall. I guess Universal just thinks the profit margin isn't worthwhile, something that is pretty subjective.

Edited by The Master

Not to beat a dead horse! But I felt the need to share this!

I remember when this came out, my brother, sister, friends and I used to watch this and crack up! Who would of thought 5 years later it would really happen. Anyway, enjoy the video =)

-Dainan

• 1 month later...