VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

What song reminds you of GAdv.

Nitro24

When i think of the park i think of various Batman themes i have heard specifically Batman returns (or what i personally call it Batman 1992) since that is what i was thinking of when in line and riding it,  and Batman and Robin (Batman Forever also has the same music to it). The last one is what i really think about when visiting the park even thou the ride shut down 11 years ago (and i was too much of a wee little lad to ride it).

I edited this in afterwards but i agree with the others choices and have them myself but i am not gonna be redundant and state their points again.

Edited by Timoteo47
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I think of Kiss from a Rose by Seal since I was singing that on my second time on Batman. Completely forgot the lyrics but I was singing to myself and I swear I sounded like Seal at least to myself.

Also, Fun for Me by Moloko played in the Batman & Robin queue as well as the song that comes right afterwards in the movie, Moaner by Underworld.

• 1 month later...

I’m taking a class called “History of Music in Film” next semester and it got me thinking of the soundtrack to The Right Stuff. Hearing “Breaking the Sound Barrier” brings back all these great memories of standing inside the hangar and hearing this score with the jets flying over head while waiting for the ride. If I remember correctly they kept that for Fly Me to the Moon, too. Even without the memories around it, what a great film score! 

41 minutes ago, Tbone112499 said:

I’m taking a class called “History of Music in Film” next semester and it got me thinking of the soundtrack to The Right Stuff. Hearing “Breaking the Sound Barrier” brings back all these great memories of standing inside the hangar and hearing this score with the jets flying over head while waiting for the ride. If I remember correctly they kept that for Fly Me to the Moon, too. Even without the memories around it, what a great film score! 

I loved it when they did the flyovers (loud enough to shake the queue building) and anyone who was unfamiliar with it use to duck when it happened.

Our Spotlight needs to be updated but its still nice to hear the music:  http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/RightStuff.htm

• 10 months later...

Well, they brought back the Green Lantern oath for GL, and the Batman score/Prince songs for BTR. Still no word on when they'll be adding the songs SFGAm has.

Also, I think of "The Snuggler" from Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! because I was singing that on almost all the rollercoasters on my last trip.

I commonly sing this on Superman Ultimate Flight and time the line "I love when you fall down" with the pretzel loop. I also sing "Kryptonite" by Three Doors Down. Still need to sing "Soulja Boy" on it...

Edited by DantheWoman

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2012 at 6:36 PM, RideOfSteel said:

I Just Wanna Run by the Downtown Friction. They always played that in El Toro's line.

Have never heard of this, but just put it on and it's like the *quintessential* Six Flags song. Captures that throwaway teenage pop-punk vibe perfectly.

It's similar to the one song that really reminds me of all SF parks, which is "Grow Up" by Simple Plan. I remember it was used in a SF ad in 2002 or so (video here) and turned me onto that band before they blew up.

• 10 months later...
On 3/27/2020 at 2:36 PM, pashacar said:

Have never heard of this, but just put it on and it's like the *quintessential* Six Flags song. Captures that throwaway teenage pop-punk vibe perfectly.

It's similar to the one song that really reminds me of all SF parks, which is "Grow Up" by Simple Plan. I remember it was used in a SF ad in 2002 or so (video here) and turned me onto that band before they blew up.

That song was also on the live-action Scooby-Doo soundtrack.

On 2/11/2012 at 2:43 PM, GAcoaster said:

"(Angel is a) Centerfold" by J. Geils Band. I remember that getting a lot of play on Musik Express, and I always thought the song went well with the motion of the neighboring Enterprise. I always picture Enterprise spinning in dappled summer sunlight when I hear the "Na-na-na-na-na-na" part of the song.

Too funny... Angel is a Centerfold always reminds me of GA as well.  It received a lot of air play during my first Summer working at GA in 1981.

• 9 months later...

"Disco Inferno" by The Trammps, due to it playing when I was in line for Superman Ultimate Flight on my September 2018 trip. It played again when we were leaving the park on my October 2021 trip, and I wondered "Why does this song always play on my best trips to the park?"

• 1 month later...